The Infrastructure and Economic Development Human Resource Delivery Center has an exciting opportunity for a self-driven and highly motivated individual to supervise professional human resource functions as a Classification Unit Supervisor for the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation and the supporting Districts and Counties.
IMPORTANT: YOU MUST APPLY TO THIS VACANCY POSTING, MEET ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS, COMPLETE THE SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS AND RECEIVE A SCORE. YOUR SCORE IS ONLY VALID FOR THIS SPECIFIC VACANCY. ONCE THIS POSITION IS FILLED, YOUR SCORE IS NO LONGER VALID.This position will supervise staff performing classification and organizational management activities for assigned organizations. Duties include planning, prioritizing, and evaluating work of subordinates; reclassification requests; reorganization requests; classification grievance and appeals; and training.
This position will also review positions for classification appropriateness, conduct desk audits, prepare reorganization requests, and provide recommendations to managers and supervisors regarding the appropriateness of job classifications.
This position will serve as a highly valued member of the Infrastructure and Economic Development Human Resource Delivery Center supporting efforts to provide excellent services to citizens of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania!Qualifications:
Veterans: Pennsylvania law (51 Pa. C.S. §7103) provides employment preference for qualified veterans for appointment to many state and local government jobs. To learn more about employment preferences for veterans, go to www.employment.pa.gov/Additional%20Info/Pages/default.aspx and click the Veterans' Preference tab or contact us at
- Must meet PA residency requirement – For more information on ways to meet PA residency requirements, follow the link and click on Residency
- Minimum Experience and Training Requirements - one year as a Human Resource Analyst 2 in the area of the parenthetical; or one year as a Field Human Resource Officer 1, and one year of professional experience in the area of the parenthetical; or two years of experience in the performance of professional human resource work, including one year of professional experience in the area of the parenthetical and a bachelor's degree; or any equivalent combination of experience and training.
- Based on your answers to the supplemental application questions regarding education, you may be instructed to upload a copy of your college transcripts to your application
- Must be able to perform essential job functions
- Score valid for this specific posting only
- Score based on information reported on application and supplemental questions
- Provide complete and accurate information or:
- score may be lower than deserved
- application processing may be delayed
- disqualification may result
- May only test once under this announcement
- Email notice of test results provided
Further information on testing, assistance for persons with disabilities, veterans' preference, and other items can be obtained from:
Harrisburg: 2nd Level, Strawberry Sq. Complex, 320 Market St., P.O. Box 569, Hbg., 17108-0569; Telephone (717) 783-3058
Philadelphia: 110 North 8th St., Suite 503, Phila., 19107
Pittsburgh: 411 Seventh Ave., Room 410, Pgh., 15219
Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS): 711 (hearing and speech disabilities or other individuals)