Headquartered near the borders of Pennsylvania, Ohio and West Virginia, THE LINDY GROUP, INC. is widely recognized as the Tri-State area's largest and most successful paving contractor and asphalt manufacturer, and along with PJ Dick, Inc. and Trumbull Corporation, voted one of Pittsburgh's "Best Places to Work." Due to continued success and steady growth, we are seeking Cost Engineers/Analysts to join our Cost Management team.
This entry-level position provides the foundation of skills needed for other challenging positions within the organization that offer more responsibilities and higher rewards, not only Operations but other departments as well.
What's it like to work at PJ Dick-Trumbull-The Lindy Group?
As an employee of the Family of Companies, you'll be part of a team whose core values are Safety, Quality, Integrity, Family, and Community. As a general contractor, our companies build for the communities in which we live and work. Every employee contributes to building projects that connect people and places. We invite you to learn more about working with us by applying today!
We offer an outstanding compensation and benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, paid vacation and holidays, as well as 401(k), annual bonus AND profit sharing.
Serve as the liaison between project engineers, subcontractors, customers, and the Accounting department regarding all job cost matters.
- Collect daily foreman timesheets and code labor, equipment, trucking, materials and quantities into cost collection system.
- Contact vendors and suppliers to get up to date pricing on materials ordered by field personnel.
- Work with Project Engineers to ensure that all work is coded correctly across work activities.
- Calculate daily performance reports and review with Project Managers to monitor actual cost to original budget by cost account.
- Set up new contracts with subcontractors or purchase orders with suppliers.
- Reconcile and approve invoices for payment to vendors and suppliers.
- Update and track cost to complete by job and activity.
- Track rental equipment and subcontractors on jobs.
- Prepare various charts, tables and reports for project analysis.
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor's direction.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
Educational requirements include 4 year degree in Business, Accounting or Engineering. Two (2) years job costing experience preferred, but not required. Above average computer skills with knowledge in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel. Ability to assume responsibility, interface and communicate with others is essential.
We are an Equal Opportunity and VEVRAA Federal Contracting Employer: We encourage Covered Veterans, Minorities, Females, and Disabled Individuals to apply.