Community Connections of Clearfield/Jefferson Counties is seeking a dedicated "Program Specialist" in the Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities/Autism (ID/A) Program Office. This is a Full Time - Permanent Local Government position with salary and full time benefits.
IMPORTANT: YOU MUST APPLY TO THIS VACANCY POSTING, MEET ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS, COMPLETE THE SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS, AND RECEIVE A SCORE. YOUR SCORE IS ONLY VALID FOR THIS SPECIFIC VACANCY. ONCE THIS POSITION IS FILLED, YOUR SCORE IS NO LONGER VALID.
Primary contact between the County's Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities/Autism (ID/A) Department, IT Department and Fiscal Department to assure a coordinated effort in the use of the Home and Community Information System (HCSIS) and other ODP required information systems and ID/A Program changes. Coordinate with Intake/Waiver Capacity Manager, Quality Manager and ID/A Director to plan annual training, quarterly and semi-annual Provider meeting and other training and technical assistance/reports for Support Coordination.Qualifications:
- Full-time employment - work schedule is 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. with a 30 minute lunch
- Occasional meetings and training which could occur outside of regular work hours
- Hiring preference for this vacancy will be given to candidates who live within Clearfield or Jefferson County. If no eligible candidates who live within Clearfield or Jefferson County apply for this position, candidates who reside in other counties may be considered.
- Must meet PA residency requirement – For more information on ways to meet PA residency requirements, follow the link and click on Residency
- Minimum Experience and Training Requirements: Two years of professional level experience in the field of mental retardation; and a bachelor's degree; OR any equivalent combination of experience and training.
- Based on your answers to the supplemental application questions regarding education, you may be instructed to upload a copy of your college transcripts to your application. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable.
- Must be able to perform essential job functions
This position falls under the provisions of the Child Protective Services Law.
- Under the Law, a conditional offer of employment will require submission and approval of satisfactory criminal history reports, including but not limited to, PA State Police, Child Abuse history clearance, and FBI clearance.
- You must pass a background investigation
Veterans: Pennsylvania law (51 Pa. C.S. §7103) provides employment preference for qualified veterans for appointment to many state and local government jobs. To learn more about employment preferences for veterans, go to www.employment.pa.gov/Additional%20Info/Pages/default.aspx and click the Veterans' Preference tab or contact us at
Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS): 711 (hearing and speech disabilities or other individuals)
The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania is proud to be an equal opportunity employer supporting workplace diversity.
- Score valid for this specific posting only
- Score based on information reported on application and supplemental questions
- Provide complete and accurate information or:
- score may be lower than deserved
- application processing may be delayed
- disqualification may result
- Based on your answers to the application supplemental questions regarding education, you may be instructed to attach a copy of your college transcripts to your application.
- May only test once under this announcement
- Email notice of test results provided