Carnegie Mellon University’s Finance Division provides financial management, enterprise planning and stewardship in support of education, research and strategic goals of the university. By providing data, insight, and analysis, we assist leadership and the university community in the financial decisions that fulfill its mission while maintaining a position of financial strength.
We are seeking a Communications Project Manager! The Communications Project Manager creates and executes communication strategies in alignment with the vision and mission of the Finance Division, determines appropriate messaging to target audience, selects and manages communication vehicles, ensures appropriate and consistent use of branding and marketing tools, and maintains and evaluates communication metrics. The audiences for the division’s communication projects can include Finance Division staff, university leadership, members of the university community, and audiences external to the division/university as required.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Producing the division websites and intranet site, documents, newsletters, slide decks/presentations, talking points, forms, invitations, announcements, surveys, articles and submissions for external communication channels, and email communications that are engaging and relevant to the target audience(s)
- Communications efforts may include but are not limited to highlighting Finance Division news and accomplishments, programs, strategic projects and initiatives, change management efforts, and information about financial policies and procedures
- Develop a wide range of communications projects for the department, as well as the overall Finance Division as necessary. Examples of these projects include, but are not limited to, communications collateral for internal division initiatives (e.g. performance review process, FAndy Awards, Gallup surveys), events hosted by the division (e.g. Town Halls, Speaker Series, training/educational sessions), and various strategic initiatives and projects in support of the Finance Division Strategic Plan
- Communication project management activities such as establishing and executing production schedules/calendars, determining the final form of communication materials, and resolving complex communication issues using high levels of sound technical judgement regarding matters of style and effective communication
Flexibility, excellence, and passion are vital qualities within the Finance Division. Inclusion, collaboration and cultural sensitivity are valued competencies at CMU. Therefore, we are in search of a team member who is able to effectively interact with a varied population of internal and external partners at a high level of integrity. We are looking for someone who shares our values and who will support the mission of the university through their work.
You should demonstrate:
- Detail-oriented, analytical and extremely organized
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong writing, editing, proofreading, layout and design, and professional printing/publishing skills
- Ability to establish strong working relationships with subject matter experts from across the Finance Division and possibly the university
- Ability to clearly articulate complex information while ensuring materials are factually and technically accurate and meet defined communication objectives
- Bachelors degree
- At least three years related Communications experience
- Proven abilities with Microsoft, Google, and Adobe Creative suite products
- Knowledge/ability to use the tools and programs used to develop/maintain the division's websites, and stays abreast of emerging industry tools and best practices for delivering effective communications
- Ability to assimilate bodies of information into a usable framework and to clearly convey an in depth understanding of the Finance Division’s functions, mission, vision, and goals through communication deliverables
- Successful background check
Interested in this opportunity? Apply today!
Position TypeStaff – Regular
Full Time/Part timeFull time
- Please visit “Why Carnegie Mellon” to learn more about becoming part of an institution inspiring innovations that change the world.
- Click here to view a listing of employee benefits
- Carnegie Mellon University is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran.
- Statement of Assurance