At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
This position will lead direction and efforts in planning and development of Manufacturing and R&D equipment for medical device assembly processes. The Staff Engineer will conceive and lead projects in planning and development of electromechanical automated and semi-automated manufacturing equipment. This position will lead machine projects that are that are scoped with authoring equipment specifications, generating schematics and drawings, and developing and building capital equipment designs. The Staff Engineer will lead the programming and controls design of standalone computers, Program Logic Controllers (PLC's), and Human Machine Interfaces (HMI's) for R&D and Manufacturing process equipment. In conjunction, this position will work closely with the process development engineering team to develop manufacturing processes from conceptualization through to validation and production implementation.
- Leads projects with engineers and technicians designing new equipment and fixturing to improve manufacturing. process capability, capacity, efficiency, cost, and quality
- Leads projects to improvement existing R&D and manufacturing. process equipment, tooling, and fixturing
- Provide and track status of assigned priority projects and regularly report to management
- Train and mentor equipment engineering skills and task execution using established procedures related to equipment selection, design, system layout, cost estimation and system documentation
- Develop control systems for PLC's, Stand Alone Computers, HMI's, and other electromechanical controls using programming languages, such as Ladder Logic, C++, Java, Python
- Interface with cross-functional departments as needed for projects to execute manufacturing process and equipment development projects
- Provide technical direction to engineering staff
What your background should look like:
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Control Systems, Mechanical Engineering or related engineering field
- 8+ years directly related equipment engineering experience
- Medical device industry experience preferred but not necessary
- Experience with reading and preparing technical documentation a must
- Good communication skills and ability to develop healthy, productive team culture
- Highly proficient in design, develop, and program PLC-based control systems for manufacturing equipment
- Recognized as equipment engineering specialist outside of department. Provides solutions to complex technical issues associated with companywide projects and production manufacturing support
- Demonstrated expertise related to equipment, fixturing, and machine design
- Working knowledge of SolidWorks
- Good document control and record-keeping skills
- Ability to organize, prioritize and meet deadlines in a timely manner
- Extended periods of sitting or standing
- Extended periods working in a cleanroom environment
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds
- Extended periods of computer usage
Values: Integrity, Accountability, Teamwork, Innovation
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With more than 85,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $122,560- 183,840K (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets
Nearest Major Market: Minneapolis
Medical Device Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, Design Engineer, Systems Engineer, Electrical Engineering, Engineering