Are you looking for a new career or advancement into a supervisory role? Do you have the desire to provide a wide range of services to the elderly population? If so, Luzerne County Area Agency on Aging has an immediate opening for an Aging Care Management Supervisor 1. Our mission is to enhance the quality of life for all mature adults by encouraging independence, promoting healthy lifestyles, and ensuring safety and protection throughout their life journey. We offer on the job training and an amazing benefit package. If you are ready for a challenging yet rewarding career, do not delay, apply today!
As an Aging Care Management Supervisor 1, you will be working within the Care Management (CM) Unit as you supervise a unit of four Care Managers and will be responsible for the Family Caregiver Support Program consumers. In this role, you will be expected to be proficient in communication, organization, strategic thinking, and conflict management.
Responsibilities include, but may not be limited to:
- Ensuring timely completion of the work assigned as well as tracking assignments to identify problems and ensure corrections are accomplished
- Responding to casework questions for guidance on consumer issues, or procedural issues in a prompt and knowledgeable fashion
- Monitoring the training needs of care management staff, providing information to staff on available resources, as well as updating staff on new programs or changes in current regulations
- Reconciling KRONOS
- Participating in Appeals Hearings
- Acting as a backup to other Care Management Supervisors in the CM Unit
- Implementing all procedures to conform to PDA/OLTL and local Area Agency on Aging program policies
Work Schedule and Additional Information:
- Full-time employment
- Work hours are 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM, Monday - Friday, with a 30-minute lunch.
- Salary: In some cases, the starting salary may be non-negotiable.
- You will receive further communication regarding this position via email. Check your email, including spam/junk folders, for these notices.
Minimum Experience and Training Requirements:
- Three years of experience in public or private social work and a bachelor's degree; or
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training including successful completion of 12 semester hours of college level courses in sociology, social welfare, psychology, gerontology, or other related social sciences.
- You must meet the PA residency requirement. For more information on ways to meet PA residency requirements, follow the link and click on Residency.
- Hiring preference for this vacancy will be given to candidates who live within Carbon, Columbia, Lackawanna, Luzerne, Monroe, Schuylkill, Sullivan, or Wyoming counties. If no eligible candidates who live within these counties apply for this position, candidates who reside in other counties may be considered.
- You must be able to perform essential job functions.
- A conditional offer of employment will require submission of criminal history reports. See hiring agency contact information.
How to Apply:
- Resumes, cover letters, and similar documents will not be reviewed, and the information contained therein will not be considered for the purposes of determining your eligibility for the position. Information to support your eligibility for the position must be provided on the application (i.e., relevant, detailed experience/education).
- If you are claiming education in your answers to the supplemental application questions, you must attach a copy of your college transcripts for your claim to be accepted toward meeting the minimum requirements. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable.
- Your application must be submitted by the posting closing date. Late applications and other required materials will not be accepted.
- Failure to comply with the above application requirements may eliminate you from consideration for this position.
Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS):
- 711 (hearing and speech disabilities or other individuals).
If you are contacted for an interview and need accommodations due to a disability, please discuss your request for accommodations with the interviewer in advance of your interview date.
The Commonwealth is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. The Commonwealth values inclusion as we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most qualified people to serve the citizens of Pennsylvania. The Commonwealth does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, ancestry, union membership, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, AIDS or HIV status, disability, or any other categories protected by applicable federal or state law. All diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Completing the application, including all supplemental questions, serves as your exam for this position. No additional exam is required at a test center (also referred to as a written exam).
- Your score is based on the detailed information you provide on your application and in response to the supplemental questions.
- Your score is valid for this specific posting only.
- You must provide complete and accurate information or:
- your score may be lower than deserved.
- you may be disqualified.
- You may only apply/test once for this posting.
- Your results will be provided via email.