At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As a DevOps Engineer Associate within PNC's DevOps organization, you will be based in Pittsburgh, PA.
- Assists in the development, testing, and implementation of software solutions.
- Assists with designing software solutions.
- Writes code, tests and deploys software.
- Prepares technical and procedural documentation required for software.
- Maintains and debugs software.
PNC Employees take pride in our reputation and to continue building upon that we expect our employees to be:
- Customer Focused - Knowledgeable of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions and able to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
- Managing Risk - Assessing and effectively managing all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure they adhere to and support PNC's Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
CompetenciesApplication Design, Architecture – Knowledge of application design activities, tools and techniques; ability to utilize these to convert business requirements and logical models into a technical application design.Application Development Tools – Knowledge of and ability to utilize a variety of specific tools and toolkits for the development and support of applications.Application Maintenance – Knowledge of and ability to define, implement changes to, and support a production application.Application Testing – Knowledge of application testing and ability to design, plan and execute application testing strategies and tactics to ensure software quality throughout all stages of application development.System Development Life Cycle – Knowledge of project management techniques and the ability to plan, design, develop, test, implement and maintain system development life cycle segments and phases.Technical Writing/Documentation – Knowledge of the technical language and writing approach, and the ability to write paper-based and on-line technical reference documentation (guidelines, standards, procedures, processes, applications, etc.)
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree with < 1 year of professional experience and/or successful completion of a formal development program. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
EducationNo Degree (Required)
Disability Accommodations Statement:
The PNC workplace is inclusive and supportive of individual needs. If you have a physical or other impairment that might require an accommodation, including technical assistance with the PNC Careers website or submission process, please call 877-968-7762 and select Option 4: Recruiting or contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Human Resources Service Center hours of operation are Monday - Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.
Refer to the California Consumer Privacy Act Privacy Notice to gain understanding of how PNC may use or disclose your personal information in our hiring practices.