At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
This is an outstanding opportunity for an Experienced Manufacturing & Process Development Engineer to join a growing and dynamic team under great leadership. You will have the opportunity to work closely with business unit customers, shop and additive manufacturing engineers while optimizing and developing reliable 3D printing process solutions.
If you want to keep learning and growing, enhance your career and join an industry leader - this is the job for you.
This role will be based in Middletown, PA.
- Collaborate with team members to develop and update the TE Additive Manufacturing strategy and road map
- Continuously scouting and develop the state-of-art Additive Manufacturing technology, experimenting company applications, and proving the pros and cons of technologies to internal customers.
- Be familiar with TE product portfolios, designs, and performance requirements. Identify additive manufacturing production opportunities through technical verifications and financial justification
- Plan and implement additive manufacturing production units. Design the production cell capability, capacity, and layout, balance the production flow efficiency, verify the production unit design with simulations, and help launch the production on the unit
- Innovate, optimize, and develop reliable 3D printing process solutions and equipment for production needs through scientific engineering methodologies like Design of Experiment
- Work closely with business units’ customers to develop their manufacturing strategy and roadmap, support executing the pilot operation
- Work with the shop and additive manufacturing engineers together to develop SOP, troubleshooting, maintenance, operation guideline documentation, communicate and organize training for BU customers to help them develop process talents for the production needs
- Keep learning on the latest process technologies in the additive manufacturing industry and leading introduction of new technologies into TE application where it can bring value in terms of reliability, efficiency, safety, or cost-benefit
- Working with intellectual property (IP) and legal teams to innovate and to strengthen TE IP strategies and portfolios in Additive Manufacturing Production
TE Connectivity's Manufacturing and Process Development Engineering Teams significantly impact LEANPD driven new product development projects, driving for excellence in existing manufacturing technologies and methods and striving to implement new manufacturing technologies to provide improved process and tolerance control. They act as the binding element between product development and manufacturing engineering, ensuring the effectiveness and efficiency of this critical interface. They support Product Development in the optimization of designs and piece parts for manufacturability by realizing sample tooling/products/prototypes. They also design, develop, and qualify tooling and processes to meet TE quality and production standards, document all processes and tooling in applicable TE systems, support supply chain to verify supplier compliance and capability, initiate and implement programs to continuously improve quality, cost and cycle time and adhere to all appropriate specifications, regulatory requirements and customer requirements.
- Minimum of master’s degree in Engineering background including Mechanical, Industrial Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years manufacturing or development experience, including but not limited to machining, plastic injection molding, plating, assembly, and 3D printing. Minimum of 6 months experience in direct operations required. Six Sigma, lean training, and continuous improvement mindset preferred.
- Knowledge of 3D printing technology and printable material preferred
- Strong statistical experiment design, data analysis, and statistical process control capabilities.
- Experience in developing new processes or improving existing processes into mass production with satisfied process performance preferred.
- Preferred candidate will have familiarity with: Mechanical 3D modeling, 2D drawing, and GD&T Y14.5. CREO or SolidWorks Material property and testing knowledge are favorable 3D printing technology and printable material preferred chemical processing including materials and waste handling
- The candidate should also Be solution-focused with strong analytical and problem-solving skills Learn quickly and effectively evaluate/adopt new technologies in the market
- Have good commercial and business acumen skills with experience in analyzing and benchmarking different process technologies and capabilities on the market
- Excellent communication skills and teamwork which are essential since this role has tremendous opportunity to collaborate with our internal material experts, printing experts, shop, internal customers, and suppliers frequently
Values: Integrity, Accountability,Teamwork, Innovation
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With more than 85,000 employees, including over 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets
Travel: 10% to 25%
Requisition ID: 80800
Function: Engineering & Technology
Nearest Major Market: Harrisburg
Process Engineer, Industrial, Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, Engineering, Manufacturing