Delivering mission-critical, electronic solutions that protect lives. Use your creativity and critical thinking to take our products from concept to customer.
At CAES, we engineer solutions for the world’s most critical missions. We serve customers in the defense and aerospace markets.
Seeking a career that offers challenging, diverse projects and opportunities? Looking for a position with a company that offers long-term professional advancement? Searching for a place that values a diverse, team-based environment? One that values YOU. Consider CAES.
The most important thing we build is TRUST
CAES Mission Systems business is seeking a highly motivated, senior Financial Director to lead a team across multiple sites, reporting directly to the SVP / GM of Mission Systems.
This position requires an individual who can establish processes and systems to drive accuracy and efficiency into all FP&A activities and deliverables across all Mission Systems Product Lines/Sites. We are looking for a candidate with strong analytical skills including: the ability to understand P&L, AOP, LRSP, Forecasts and make recommendations to IDS Senior Leadership Team. This role will coordinate the IDS Finance cadence and deliverables across all functions.
The Senior Director Finance - Mission Systems will be a key leader on the Mission Systems Leadership Team with significant interaction with CAES CFO.
If you are a Finance expert at the senior most levels of your organization, consider joining us as we create the Mission Systems business entity.
The Senior Director will have significant interaction with Mission Systems Senior Leadership Team, Program Directors, PL Finance Lead, PL FP&A Analysts, and Program Controls Analysts of varying levels. The successful candidate will be expected to be a visible and involved Leader across all Mission Systems sites (Lansdale PA, Lancaster PA, Eatontown NJ, Whippany NJ, Woburn MA).
The selected candidate will be responsible for establishing a weekly and monthly cadence across all product lines which will include: communicating deadlines and expectations to PL FP&A analysts to support the necessary Mission Systems, CAES and Board reviews as well as comply with all due dates, providing the Mission Systems SVP / GM and the CAES CFO with accurate and timely analysis of financial performance (forecasting, bookings, sales, profit and cash) on a weekly basis, early identification and communication of issues impacting financial performance, and participating in all Senior Leadership reviews (Element of Cost reviews, Short Range Opportunity reviews, Cash reviews, etc.)
The selected candidate must be able to work under tight deadlines and constraints as well as have the ability to multitask across multiple sites / product lines. This position requires the ability to provide top level program planning guidance as well as the ability to summarize, package, and present information to all levels of management.
Key Financial processes and accurate contribution to business process include:
- The development, consolidation, and analysis of the Long Range Strategic Plan and Annual Operating Plan (AOP) financials
- Support of all closing activities, development of forecast and all related analysis
- Development, analysis and negotiation of all rates and factors
- Development, analysis and tracking of forecasts, functional budgets, B&P, and capital
- Affordability analysis, problem solving, and brainstorming to achieve results, as well as risks and opportunities identification and analysis to minimize risk.
- Preparation for and support of DCAA, DCMC, and external (PwC) audits
- Preparation of all financial metrics and analysis for management and external reviews
- Lead ROIC and working capital processes
- Special analysis including benchmarking, investment analysis, productivity and continuous improvement activities,
Forecasting, balance sheet, income statement and P/L statements
- Establish and maintain a high-performing FP&A team with strong focus on training and development across Mission Systems Finance
- Support M&A activities and lead process improvement initiatives
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business Administration, Accounting or related field.
• 12 years of applicable work experience in Financial Planning and Analysis, Program Finance or related areas of finance. This experience must include extensive senior leadership of people and financial leadership to multiple business sites.
• Prior work experience with a USG defense contractor
• Master’s Degree in Finance, Business Administration, Accounting or related field and 8-10 years experience
- Demonstrated expertise in Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) concepts, related systems, and processes
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to package complex data into a format suitable for executive review
- Demonstrated ability to establish processes to drive efficiencies and improve performance
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to be proactive, creative, and innovative and use critical and strategic thinking
- Knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), Cost Accounting Standards (CAS) and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project)
- Demonstrated sense of urgency and ability to meet multiple commitments as expected
- Budgeting, Rates and variance analysis skills
- Risk and Opportunity analysis skills
- An authentic and believable leader who communicates with conviction and humility and is able to engender trust throughout the organization.
- Enthusiasm for building high-performing teams.
- An approachable, hands-on and “roll up the sleeves” management style with attention to detail. Keen business judgement with the ability to provide fresh, proactive insight.
- Flexibility and problem-solving capabilities
We take care of our people and provide competitive health, wealth and wellbeing benefits – from day one. You’ll also discover learning and development opportunities so you can take your career to the next level – and beyond.
Other benefits include:
- Comprehensive PTO, Paid Holiday and Paid Family Leave Programs.
- Student Loan Repayment Program & Tuition Reimbursement
- 9/80 Alternate Work Week Schedule
- Tailored Management/Leadership Training
- Innovative Medical Programs, Including Family Forming
CAES is the largest provider of analog and radiation hardened technology for the United States aerospace and defense industry. From human spaceflight and space exploration, to missile defense and electronic warfare, to healthcare solutions addressing COVID-19, our talented team develop high performing electronic solutions that work the first time, every time.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER
At CAES we welcome differences and celebrate new ideas. We believe the diversity of our people inspires our creativity and drives our innovation. Everyone is welcome here, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please email CAEScareers@caes.com.