Penn State Health Corporation
Work Type: Full Time
Hours: 8:00a - 4:30p
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Responsible to oversee the flow of work in Release of Information, Document Imaging, Word Processing, and/or the file area of HIS. Provide oversight, corrective action and mentoring for all front line staff.
- High School Graduate or equivalent with 3-5 years of experience in a healthcare setting with medical record experience required.
- Leadership or supervisory experience and a high degree of organizational and communication skills required.
- The ability to analyze data and have a basic understanding of databases required.
- Excellent keyboarding skills as well as English language reading, oral, and written comprehension skills are required.
- Health Information Management credentials including a Registered Health Information Technology [RHIT] degree preferred.
- Adheres to and exhibits our organizational core values as outlined by Penn State Health.
This job description is a general outline of duties performed and is not to be misconstrued as encompassing all duties performed within the position. All individuals (including current employees) selected for a position will undergo a background check appropriate for the position's responsibilities.
Penn State Health is fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is unapologetically expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information. If you are unable to use our online application process due to an impairment or disability, please call 717-531-8440 between the hours of 7:30 AM and 4:30 PM, Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday, email firstname.lastname@example.org or download our Accommodation Instructions for Job Applicants PDF for more detailed steps for assistance.