This position is located in the Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration (TIGTA). The purpose of this position is to serve as an Auditor in support of the assigned program area(s).
The following are the duties of this position at the GS-12. If you are selected at a lower grade level, you will have the opportunity to learn to perform all these duties, and will receive training to help you grow in this position.
- Conducts complex managerial and financial audits and special assignments to assess program efficiency, effectiveness, and compliance with program laws, regulations and other provisions.
- Conducts valid and reliable research when analyzing internal and external information to assess risk factors and identifies high-risk areas.
- Documents in audit workpapers the results of audit review, using correct formats, including source, purpose, conclusion, and results.
- Identifies and applies complex specialized audit techniques to achieve audit objectives. Identifies and uses the most appropriate statistical sampling methods to achieve objectives.
- Identifies complex computer files and applications and uses them as required. Uses advanced computer audit techniques to retrieve, analyze, and test data during audits or for completion of project(s).
You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
Specialized experience: For the GS-12, you must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-11 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position includes:
- Experience with tax administration processes to document results of analysis and recommend improvements in tax administration processes, OR
- Experience collecting, analyzing, and summarizing sufficient evidence to identify weaknesses in controls over operations; AND
- Developing recommendations to improve weaknesses in controls or improve efficiencies over operations.
For the GS-11, you must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-09 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position includes:
Experience with tax administration processes to develop segments of draft reports, memoranda or other written communications, OR
Experience conducting segments of audits including conducting interviews, analyzing and summarizing audit evidence to support conclusions, and documenting results of audit work; AND
Experience in developing audit objectives and supporting tests and documenting this strategy in the audit plan.
You may substitute education for general or specialized experience as follows: 3 years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a Ph.D. degree or Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral. (Attach a copy of transcript or list of college courses designating semester or quarter hours earned to ensure proper credit.)
You may qualify by a combination of experience and education. Only graduate level education in excess of the first 36 semester hours may be combined with experience.
In addition to the above requirements, you must meet the following time-in-grade requirement, if applicable:
For the GS-12, you must have been at the GS-11 level for 52 weeks.
For the GS-11, you must have been at the GS-09 level for 52 weeks.