The company has built its reputation in the marketplace by demanding high standards for all of its employees. The company’s success is measured by its integrity, honesty, quality products at a fair price with exemplary service to its customers. This position requires an individual that excels in leadership and is a team player with a superb skill set. Beyond the technical qualifications of the position, it is important that the individual demonstrates a character with strong family values and a willingness to build a solid working relationship with hands-on ownership.
Purpose and role of job:
Responsible for assisting the Finance Department in monthly closing of the financial books for assigned companies and production of related financial statements. Reviews costs and trends for variances and provides guidance to assigned companies on accounting issues.
Principal Accountabilities/ Responsibilities:
- Responsible for assisting finance team in full fixed assets audit. Will partner with engineering and operations to reconcile asset listing to physical assets. Making updates as needed to fixed asset ledger.
- Works with location personnel and other departments on other projects as needed.
- Prepares reports and analysis as requested by management.
- Completes assignments as delegated by the Finance Manager & Director of Finance.
- Prepares journal entries from source data, reviews accruals, analyses accounts as necessary.
- Analyze workorders on routine basis with support of cost accounting.
- Prepares weekly production dashboard.
- Assist Account Payable team with 3-way match process.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Education and experience requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree (or demonstrated progress toward a degree) in related field of study
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- 0-3 years of experience, including academic projects
- Highly motivated, strong team player, with good ability to multi-task and prioritize as necessary
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Authorization to work in the U.S.
- Constant sitting with frequent standing/walking during workday.
- Occasional bending, climbing, kneeling, and reaching overhead throughout shift.
- Occasional pushing and pulling with arms, legs, and body throughout shift.
- Occasional lifting or carrying up to 50 pounds.
- Constant repetitive use of hands.
- Occasional simple/light and firm/strong grasping with the hands.
The above information on this job description has been described to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by incumbents. Other duties and responsibilities not specifically described may be assigned from time to time, consistent with knowledge, skills, and abilities of the incumbent.
First Quality is committed to protecting information under the care of First Quality Enterprises commensurate with leading industry standards and applicable regulations. As such, First Quality provides at least annual training regarding data privacy and security to employees who, as a result of their role specifications, may come in to contact with sensitive data.
First Quality is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identification, or protected Veteran status.