The CDC utilizes Direct Hire Authority to fill vacancies in a variety of occupations. This vacancy is a REPOSITORY of applications.
Applications may be periodically referred to hiring managers both during the open period and after the closing date. Because of the large number of applications anticipated, applicants' status will not be updated.
Applicant Expiration: Applications will expire 4 months after submission/resubmission. To remain eligible for consideration, reapplying is required. This public notice covers positions managing, supervising, leading, and/or performing professional medical work. Duties and responsibilities vary and may increase according to the grade level and series of the position. See specifics for the occupation and grade for which you are applying on the following CDC link: Direct Hiring Authority | Working at CDC | Careers at CDC
This public notice will be used to fill STEM position listed below at the GS-11 through GS-15 grade levels.
NOTE: Total course work must have included differential & integral calculus &, in addition, four advanced mathematics courses requiring calculus or equivalent mathematics courses as a prerequisite
- Degree: mathematics; or the equivalent of a major that included at least 24 semester hours in mathematics OR
- Combination of education & experience: courses equivalent to a major in mathematics (including at least 24 semester hours in mathematics), as above, plus appropriate experience or additional education
In addition to Basic Qualifications above, Minimum Qualifications must be met:
- At least 3 years of progressively higher-level graduate education leading to a Ph.D. degree or Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree OR
- 1 year of specialized experience (GS-9 equivalent) OR
- A combination of education & experience
- GS-12 & above:
- At least 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the next lower grade level
Salary72,553.00 - 186,854.00 Annual