This position is responsible for the efficient and effective operation of the Concierge department at the Hotel Hershey.
Job Functions (Items marked with an asterisk are essential functions of this position):
- Orchestrate and expedite the guest experience in and around the Concierge office. Work with guests to understand their needs and assist them in planning their stay. Make reservations, schedule transportation, and provide guests with information.*
- Oversee the daily operation of the Concierge including all tasks on the daily checklists. Review arrivals and make arrangements as needed in preparation for guests.*
- Coordinate and delegate assignments to the Concierge team members.*
- Respond to guest concerns to ensure excellent guest service, complaints and problems are promptly resolved, and requests for special services are carried out to the Hotel Standards including Forbes standards.*
- Conduct ongoing training and support in all areas of the Concierge office
- Maintain knowledge of Hotel and local community in order to provide guests with excellent customer service.*
- Embody our company's leadership values, be innovative, effective communicator, supportive, enthusiastic, professional, ethical, guest/customer focused, consistent, and respectful.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 2 years of related experience.
- Industry Experience – Hospitality/Tourism
- 18 years of age or older.
- Must possess excellent customer service skills.
- Associate’s degree – Hospitality Management
- Relevant work experience can be substituted for education – 2 years
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- Climbing Ladders Occasional (<33%)
- Reaching Forward Occasional (<33%)
- Climbing Stairs Occasional (<33%) (6ft maximum height)
- Lifting Occasional (<33%) (70lbs maximum weight)
- Reaching Overhead Occasional (<33%)
- Finger Dexterity Frequent (34-66%)
- Hand/Eye Coordination Frequent (34-66%)
- Stooping Occasional (<33%)
- Bending Occasional (<33%)
- Sitting Frequent (34-66%)
- Standing Frequent (34-66%)
- Walking Occasional (<33%)
- This job requires minimal visual requirements. Able to distinguish unlike items, detect motion, and distinguish color.
- This job requires a good sense of vision (either corrected or uncorrected). Visual ability to operate moving equipment such as a car, truck, golf carts, etc.
- This job requires the visual ability to view work at distances of approximately 5 feet (operation and adjustment of machinery).
- This job requires the visual ability to perform detailed work at close distances (computer screens, accounting ledgers, using measurement devices).
- This job regularly requires verbal communication of detailed information to others either by phone or in person.
- Must be able to speak and read the English language.
- Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers (Repetitive motion).
- The position is subject to extreme heat. Temperatures above 100° for periods of more than one hour. Consideration should be given to the effect of other environmental conditions, such as wind and humidity.
- The position is subject to extreme cold. Temperatures typically below 32° for periods of more than one hour. Consideration should be given to the effect of other environmental conditions, such as wind and humidity.
- The position is subject to both environmental conditions. Activities occur inside and outside.
- The position is subject to environmental conditions. Protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer