Do you enjoy developing guidelines and procedures for plumbing and fire protection? We have the job for you!
Watch this video (https://www.flickr.com/photos/panationalguard/40381884892/in/album-72157689769595704/) to see how you can make a difference caring for Pennsylvania's veterans working for the Department of Military and Veterans Affairs. Come join the DMVA team, apply today!
IMPORTANT: YOU MUST APPLY TO THIS VACANCY POSTING, MEET ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS, COMPLETE THE SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS AND RECEIVE A SCORE. YOUR SCORE IS ONLY VALID FOR THIS SPECIFIC VACANCY. ONCE THIS POSITION IS FILLED, YOUR SCORE IS NO LONGER VALID.
Serves as the Mechanical Engineer responsible for the technical development of mechanical design solutions and facility programs supporting the PA National Guard and Office of Veterans' Affairs. The employee is responsible for developing guidelines and procedures for plumbing and fire protection design, facility operations and maintenance plans, building commissioning, building management systems, and energy management to reduce operation and maintenance (O&M) costs, conserve water, and promote a desirable working environment.Qualifications:
- Full-time employment
- Work Hours - 7:00 a.m. to 3:15 p.m., Monday through Friday with a 45 minute lunch period
- Must meet PA residency requirement – For more information on ways to meet PA residency requirements, follow the link and click on Residency
- Minimum Experience and Training Requirements - Two years as a Mechanical Engineer 2; OR four years of professional mechanical engineering experience which required work on any structural mechanical system
- Necessary Special Requirement - Possession of a Professional Engineer License issued by the Pennsylvania State Registration Board for Professional Engineers, Land Surveyors and Geologists
- This job requires possession of a valid driver's license
- Must be able to perform essential job functions
Veterans: Pennsylvania law (51 Pa. C.S. §7103) provides employment preference for qualified veterans for appointment to many state and local government jobs. To learn more about employment preferences for veterans, go to www.employment.pa.gov/Additional%20Info/Pages/default.aspx and click the Veterans' Preference tab or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Score valid for this specific posting only
- Score based on information reported on application and supplemental questions
- Provide complete and accurate information or:
- score may be lower than deserved
- application processing may be delayed
- disqualification may result
- May only test once under this announcement
- Email notice of test results provided
Further information on testing, assistance for persons with disabilities, veterans' preference, and other items can be obtained from:
Harrisburg: 2nd Level, Strawberry Sq. Complex, 320 Market St., P.O. Box 569, Hbg., 17108-0569; Telephone (717) 783-3058
Philadelphia: 110 North 8th St., Suite 503, Phila., 19107
Pittsburgh: 411 Seventh Ave., Room 410, Pgh., 15219
Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS): 711 (hearing and speech disabilities or other individuals)