PennDOT is seeking a Diesel and Construction Equipment Mechanic in Beaver County PA! If you have the skill it takes to maintain and service the Commonwealth's fleet and ensure equipment is in operational condition, join the Beaver County Team with this exciting career opportunity!
Work hours: Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM. Work hours are subject to change during the winter and summer seasons. May require travel, overtime and varying shift work. This is a full-time position with benefits in the PennDOT Beaver County Maintenance Organization. Diesel Mechanics perform repairs and maintenance on various pieces of PennDOT equipment and diesel powered vehicles, including heavy trucks weighing 26,001 pounds or greater, graders, backhoes, front end loaders, etc. The ideal candidate is a licensed and trained automotive and heavy equipment mechanic that performs a variety of analytical, preventative maintenance, and repair duties for a fleet of construction equipment, trucks, automobiles, and hand tools. The equipment is powered by gasoline or diesel engines. The Diesel and Construction Equipment Mechanic is responsible for the maintenance and servicing of our fleet and equipment to perform these operations and services, directly resulting in public safety.Three years of journey level mechanical experience in the diagnosis and repair of automobiles, heavy trucks, or construction equipment, which includes one year of experience in the diagnosis and repair of diesel vehicles or equipment; OR an equivalent combination of experience and training.
* Possession of a valid Pennsylvania Commercial Driver's License minimum Class B, with the Air Brake Restriction removed. Must demonstrate successful operation of vehicles or equipment with a manual transmission.
* Possession of a valid Medical Examiner's Certificate in accordance with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations.
* Possession of valid Pennsylvania Class 1 Inspection Mechanic Certification on the first day of
* A post-employment requirement is possession of a valid Pennsylvania Class 7 Inspection Mechanic Certification during the probationary period.
* Position is subject to Drug and Alcohol Testing in accordance with Federal Regulations.
Emissions Inspection Certification is preferred.
Class 7 Inspection is preferred.
Pennsylvania residency required.
The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania is proud to be an equal opportunity employer supporting workplace diversity.