The Paint Associate position is a part-time role, allowing the successful candidate to pick and choose their hours week to week, picking only the shifts that work best for them.
Painter Prep Responsibilities:
- Prepare parts for painting; steaming off large parts, blowing steel shot off of parts after blast, minor body work, applying caulking to weld seams and tape holes
- Quality is critical to Volvo; you will play a key role in building a quality product by ensuring parts are free of foreign debris and defects prior to painting
- Safely work in a fast paced environment manufacturing heavy construction equipment
- Support painters as the prep fabricated parts
Required Experience and Skills:
- Must possess a high school diploma or GED
- Must be able to successfully complete all pre-screening requirements, including drug test, background check and pre-employment physical exam
- Physical Requirements include, but are not limited to:
- Able to lift and carry objects up to 40 pounds
- Able to stand for extended periods of time
- Able to stand and walk continuously throughout the shift
- Able to bend, reach, squat, and climb stairs/steps
- Able to adapt to a broad range of temperature conditions
Job Type: Flexible Part-Time, Shifts up to 5 hours/day, maximum 29 hours/week.
Pay Rate: $18.00/hr
We value your data privacy and therefore do not accept applications via mail.
Who we are and what we believe in
Our focus on Inclusion, Diversity, and Equity allows each of us the opportunity to bring our full authentic self to work and thrive by providing a safe and supportive environment, free of harassment and discrimination. We are committed to removing the barriers to entry, which is why we ask that even if you feel you may not meet every qualification on the job description, please apply and let us decide.
Applying to this job offers you the opportunity to join Volvo Group. Every day, across the globe, our trucks, buses, engines, construction equipment, financial services, and solutions make modern life possible. We are almost 100,000 people empowered to shape the future landscape of efficient, safe and sustainable transport solutions. Fulfilling our mission creates countless career opportunities for talents with sharp minds and passion across the group’s leading brands and entities.
Part of Volvo Group, Volvo Construction Equipment is a global company driven by our purpose to build the world we want to live in. Together we develop and deliver solutions for a cleaner, smarter, and more connected world. By unleashing everyone’s full potential, we build a more sustainable future for all our stakeholders. Come join our team and help us build a better tomorrow.
Volvo Group North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer