Would you like to work in an empowered, enthusiastic, and challenging atmosphere? Are you interested in new technologies such as automation, electromobility, and connectivity? Does the opportunity to drive the development of future Volvo products excite you? Join our team!
Who We Are
Our team, Vehicle Technology (VT), is part of Volvo Group Trucks Technology (GTT), a division of Volvo Group North America, provide state-of-the-art research, engineering, product planning and project execution to final delivery of complete products and support of the products in the aftermarket. VT provide innovative, safe and driver friendly solutions. Our solutions are based on optimized mechanics, electronics & software, exceeding our customers’ expectations regarding vehicle behavior, uptime, energy consumption and productivity.
What you will be doing
This position provides an opportunity to solve real world engineering problems involving geometrical dimensioning and tolerancing of cab interior/exterior parts and systems. As an intern in this team, you will work alongside other Geometrical Assurance Engineers to support them in their day-to-day activities.
Your mission will be:
Who you are
- Work cross functionally to set up geometrical tolerance requirements on vehicle geometries and relationships to ensure quality impression and manufacturing feasibility
- Carry out measuring preparations and activities
- Define datum targets and the size of tolerances in consultation with design engineers and manufacturing
- Support with the creation of Assembly Requirement Drawings (ARD) in coordination with manufacturing stakeholders
- Reconcile gap & flush requirements and compare with actual vehicle build conditions
You are a Mechanical Engineering student that is prepared to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment, gaining experience and knowledge in various aspects of engineering (or mechanical, electrical, software, design, production, etc.). As a valued member of the engineering team within GTT, you will have the opportunity to work directly with the engineers in the department. GTT’s values collaboration and life-long learning and our goal is to contribute to your development while providing you an opportunity to work in a business environment within the manufacturing industry. You will report to Group Manager – Cab Architecture and Assurance.
Ready to join our team and shape tomorrow’s society together with us?
- Must be enrolled and pursuing a degree in Mechanical Engineering (or related program) at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.75
- Interns may work up to 40 hours per week during their summer internship period
At the Volvo Group, we strive for a clear, transparent, and straightforward compensation approach, motivating you to contribute to the company’s growth. For all intern and co-op positions, the hourly range is set at $16.00 - $46.00. The hourly rate for these roles is determined by several factors including, but not limited to, geographic location, academic classification, and degree seeking area of study. In addition to these factors, we believe in the importance of pay equity and consider internal equity of our current team members as part of any final offer.
We also offer the following benefits to interns and co-ops:
- Housing assistance
- Countless career opportunities / internal mobility across our global organization
- Training and personal development
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
Volvo Group North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer