Take advantage of an opportunity to work for a "Best in Class" industry leader!
Trumbull Corporation has immediate openings for Surveyors and Survey Party Chiefs in the Central and Eastern Pennsylvania regions. Since 1979 Trumbull has been building infrastructure projects in Central and Eastern Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and Maryland. As a member of our Central/Eastern PA team, you will work with seasoned professionals who are building projects like the Central Susquehanna Valley Transit bridge (Shamokin Dam, PA) and thruway, Scudder Falls Bridge (Pennsylvania and New Jersey), and Hawk Falls Bridge (Hawk Falls, PA) as well as site preparation work for commercial owners.
Our offices in Harrisburg and Horsham, PA, are growing and we are looking to hire individuals who are passionate about construction. Join Trumbull and work for a company that is consistently ranked a Top 100 Contractor by Engineering-News Record and recognized as a best-in-class leader in heavy civil and highway construction.
What's it like to work at PJ Dick-Trumbull-The Lindy Group?
As an employee of the Family of Companies, you'll be part of a team whose core values are Safety, Quality, Integrity, Family, and Community. As a general contractor, our companies build for the communities in which we live and work. Every employee contributes to building projects that connect people and places. We invite you to learn more about working with us by applying today!
Trumbull uses Trimble technology, some of the most state of the art and accurate equipment on the market today. In addition to preferred Trimble experience, problem solving, critical thinking and the ability to interpolate structural and civil drawings skills is highly desirable. Proficient with AutoCad, Carlson Civil and Trimble Business Center and familiarity with grade staking, pipe layout, and footer layout is a must.
We offer an outstanding compensation and benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, paid vacation and holidays, as well as 401(k), annual bonus AND profit sharing.
Provide surveying service to company supervision and crafts to ensure construction work complies with design drawing locations.
- Provide work control lines and elevations that are required for accurate measurement and correct installation of materials by crafts, i.e., forms for concrete pours, anchor bolts, piping hangers and supports, etc.
- Provide checking of as-built conditions that require the use of surveying techniques.
- Provide topographic and cross-section surveys as required for planning and payment quantities. Provide quantity calculations as required.
- Prepare documentation of surveying activities.
- Maintain condition and adjustment of surveying equipment.
- Supervise surveying Technician and surveying Trainee personnel.
- Coordinate surveying activities with the assigned engineer to meet the construction requirements.
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor's direction.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
Educational and experience requirements include: 2 years technical engineering/surveying training plus minimum 1 year construction surveying experience or equivalent combinations of training and related experience. Thorough knowledge of and ability to use all surveying equipment & techniques essential. Ability to accurately read blueprints and calculate shapes (geometric, etc.) also required.
Environmental aspects (weather, heights, etc.) play important part in this position since one is constantly out-of-doors. Non-exempt under FLSA.
We are an Equal Opportunity and VEVRAA Federal Contracting Employer: We encourage Covered Veterans, Minorities, Females, and Disabled Individuals to apply.