DCSA's Program Executive Office (PEO) is seeking an experienced Supervisory IT Specialist focused in enterprise architecture, tool development, systems engineering, information assurance, deployment, and sustainment. An excellent opportunity for those with an understanding of the IC-ITE, Information Assurance/Information Security policy, and Information Security architecture. Visit www.dcsa.mil, America's Gatekeeper!
As a SUPERVISORY INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SPECIALIST (INFOSEC) you will be responsible for the following duties:
The experience described in your resume will be evaluated and screened from the Office of Personnel Management's (OPMs) basic qualifications requirements. See: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/2200/information-technology-it-management-series-2210-alternative-a/ for OPM qualification standards, competencies and specialized experience needed to perform the duties of the position as described in the MAJOR DUTIES and QUALIFICATIONS sections of this announcement by
- The incumbent serves as the Chief, Operations Division located within the PEO.
- The incumbent is a seasoned enterprise information technology professional who provides a high degree of technical expertise, broad programmatic knowledge and leadership for the definition, coordination and implementation of strategies/programs to realize coordinated Information Security (IS) architecture and engineering standards and tool development for the PEO.
- Provides leadership for continuing assessment and integration of emerging information technology and for the definition of Information Assurance/ Information Security (IA/IS) policy statements governing these activities across the DoD.
- Plans and conducts comprehensive analyses to support deployment, operations, and sustainment of all DCSA mission and business related applications.
- Makes authoritative recommendations regarding forward-looking technical strategies and specific program initiatives required to implement the PEO enterprise framework and achieve compliance with overarching DoD/US Government architectures and C4.
- Associates PEO deployment, operations, and sustainment requirements with the achievement of interim steps in a multi-year plan of action and milestones (POA&M) for achieving target architectures and engineering functionalities. Predicts the effects of resources shortfalls, and offers alternative courses of action.
- Experience with the organization's diverse information technology infrastructure, including operating systems, major application systems, and cloud architecture.
For all positions individuals must have IT-related experience demonstrating each of the four competencies listed below.
- Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
- Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
- Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
- Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
Applicant must have directly applicable experience that demonstrates the possession of the knowledge, skills, abilities and competencies necessary for immediate success in the position. Qualifying experience may have been acquired in any public or private sector job, but will clearly demonstrate past experience in the application of the particular competencies/knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to successfully perform the duties of the position.
You must have specialized experience sufficient to demonstrate that you have acquired all the competencies necessary to perform at a level equivalent in difficulty, responsibility, and complexity to the next lower grade GS/GG-14 in the Federal service and are prepared to take on greater responsibility. Generally, this would include one year or more of such specialized experience.
Specialized experience for this position includes: Must have supervisory and/or management experience. Information technology architecture and engineering in order to define, coordinate, and implement strategies/programs; planning and conducting comprehensive analyses to support deployment, operations, and sustainment of mission and business related applications, requirements, legislation/regulations, effectiveness, functions and activities, and proposed changes; evaluating and advising administrative support systems and work distribution; developing analyses, policies, data, management plans, procedures, and standards; and researching and reviewing business practices, efficiency, and management.
Specifically you will be evaluated on the following competencies:
- Information Technology Configuration Management - Plan or monitor to ensure Information Technology capacity meets current and future business requirements and performance metrics.
- Information Technology Test and Evaluation - Test, monitor and evaluate Information Technology technologies during design, development, procurement and/or implementation to ensure internal and external requirements are met.
- Information Resource Management (IRM) - Develop or implement strategy and plans for utilization, tracking and management of information resources (such as personnel, equipment, funds, and Information Technology) to enable organizational and enterprise missions.
- Cybersecurity - Protect and defend information and information systems to ensure confidentiality, integrity, and availability. (AKA Information Assurance).