A Senior Production Supervisor job in Flower Mound, TX is available at MI and Doors (MITER Brands). You must have at least 8 years’ experience in a manufacturing supervisory role, or a 4-year degree in a relevant field plus 3 years in a manufacturing supervisor role. Staff management and team member development are part of the responsibilities of this position. You must be able to motivate employees to achieve results. This role is a full-time role on the third shift with the annual compensation range at $72,000.00 to $90,000.00, depending on experience. MITER Brands™ is a residential window and door manufacturer that provides a leading portfolio of window and door brands for the new construction and replacement segments. MITER Brands is one of the largest suppliers of precision-built and energy-efficient windows and doors, with more than 10 manufacturing facilities throughout the United States servicing thousands of dealers. More than the name of a parent company, MITER Brands establishes a way of doing business. With optimized manufacturing, valued relationships, and dedicated team members coast to coast, MITER Brands instills confidence and drives quality customer experiences with an owner-operated, family-first approach.
Senior Production Supervisor job responsibilities include:
- Directs Supervisors with respect to achieve safety, quality, and production goals set by senior management.
- Ensures Supervisors produces the highest quality product at the lowest possible cost consistent with best manufacturing practices.
- Recognizes and takes steps to resolve operating problems to minimize their impact on the operations.
- Cooperates with all departments to assure a coordinated work relationship always exists.
- Responsible for inventory usage and all other department costs.
- Ensures supervisors keep accurate and up-to-date records (I.E. Timecards, Downtime records, Absentee records, etc.)
- Directly responsible for A3 projects, QAR resolution/compliance, STF compliance, Skills Matrix, Scrap reporting/reduction, Back-order resolution, TPM compliance.
- Ensure supervisors demonstrate company policies in a fair and consistent manner.
- Ensure supervisors meet customer load dates. All scheduled products are made on-time, accurate, 100% complete.
- Ensure supervisors encourage team member suggestions for improving safety, quality, productivity, plant environment.
- Facilitate and maintain the Rheo improvement process.
- Ability to implement team member suggestions to improve work areas.
- Keeps Production Manager informed on operating and/or employee problems, which may require their attention or knowledge.
- Maintains consistent communications and daily department meetings.
- Ensures supervisors have appropriate production records prepared and maintained.
- Keeps records of departmental activities, as required.
- Assures efficient and economical utilization of materials, improvement of methods, and elimination of wasteful practices within the department. Provides supervisors the appropriate training to ensure supervisor acquire same skill set.
- Works with Plant / Production Manager to establish accountabilities and goals used for performance evaluation for supervisors. Conducts supervisor performance evaluations.
- Performs other duties as required or directed.
- Strong knowledge of Lean Manufacturing principles
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in a manufacturing supervisory role, or a 4-year degree in a relevant field plus 3 years in a manufacturing supervisor role.
- Ability to read, interpret and enforce regulations and policies in accordance with Company guidelines.
- Knowledge of OSHA safety requirements
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing, bilingual preferred Spanish, Chin or French
- Ability to develop and maintain cooperative working relationships with other departments and customers.
- Must have excellent leadership skills.
- Able to train and motivate department personnel, ability to create training presentation and present to a group
- Ability to work flexible hours depending upon the needs of the department.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
The MITER Brands benefits package includes coverage of health, wealth, and wellness for you and your eligible spouse/dependents. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including a 401k with company match and generous paid time off to help you balance your life. Our medical plans include a Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) or Health Savings Account (HSA) option to help you save for health care costs. Below is a list of benefits you will enjoy while working with our company.
- Medical plans with HRA or HSA options
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Supplemental Hospital Indemnity, Critical Illness, and Accident Insurances
- Company paid Short-Term Disability
- Company paid Long-Term Disability
- Paid time off (PTO), including Vacation, Personal, and 8 paid Holidays
- 401k retirement plan with company match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Yearly Wellness Clinic
If you are interested in this Senior Production Supervisor job in Flower Mound, TX please apply now. We have built our success on our foundational philosophy of Respect, Service, and Excellence. Miter Brands is a great place to grow your career as we continue to build an even greater organization!
MITER Brands is an equal opportunity employer. MI Windows & Doors does not discriminate based on religion, race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, handicap, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other applicable legally protected category.
Keywords: Production Management, Lean Manufacturing, Production Planning, Continuous Improvement, Management, 5S, 6S, Strategic Planning, Safety, Milgard, MI Windows and Doors, Manufacturing, Manufacturer