Clinical Counselor / Social Worker / Psychologist

Commander, Navy Installations | State College, PA

Posted Date 5/24/2024
Description You will serve as a Non-Medical Clinical Counselor in the Fleet and Family Support Program (FFSP) within one of the DoN Installations.Your resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the GS-11 grade level or pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector. Specialized experience must demonstrate the following:

1) Providing short term, solution focused psychological counseling for individuals, couples, families and groups of people in crisis; 2) Receiving initial reports and providing safety planning, risk assessment and case management related to child abuse and spouse abuse; 3) Developing and providing treatment targeting at-risk and substantiated victims and offenders of family violence; 4) Maintaining case records, assessments and treatment plans documenting clinical counseling in accordance with policies and regulations.

Additional qualification information can be found from the following Office of Personnel Management web site:

Psychology Series 0180 (
Social Work Series 0185 (
Social Science Series 0101 (

Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.

This position is a TIER TWO clinical care practitioner. Applicants must meet all of the following requirements as outlined in SECNAVINST 1754.8:

1. Possess at least a master's or doctoral degree in one of the following disciplines:
a. Master's degree from a program accredited by the Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Education Programs (CACREP) or an equivalent degree, OR
b. Master's degree from a program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Marriage and Family Therapy Education (COAMFTE) or an equivalent degree, OR
c. Master's degree in Social Work from a graduate school accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE) or an equivalent degree, OR
d. Doctoral degree in clinical or counseling psychology from an American Psychological Association (APA) accredited university or professional school and a one-year APA accredited clinical internship
2. State or U.S. territory license or certification that provides legal authority to provide clinical services as an independent practitioner in the fields of Licensed Professional Counseling, Marriage and Family Therapy, Clinical Social Work, Clinical Psychology or Counseling Psychology.
3. When the state or U.S. territory licensing or certification requirements include a written examination, candidates for privileging, must have achieved a passing score on that examination.
4. Must have engaged in two years, full-time, post-masters supervised clinical experience.
Salary86,962.00 - 113,047.00 Annual

Share this job