At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers.
The PNC Business and Finance Legal Team, consisting of approximately 65 team members primarily in Pittsburgh and Philadelphia, PA, is seeking an experienced attorney with a background in equipment finance and/or commercial lending who has demonstrated exceptional judgment and the ability to identify and help resolve problems, manage multiple projects, and work with other lawyers and staff, and their constituencies.
The Counsel position will include specific client support responsibilities based on your particular skillset and our needs, but generally you will provide legal guidance and support to internal PNC Corporate and Institutional Banking clients on an array of legal matters, which may include the following:
• Giving legal advice and support directly to relationship managers, credit officers, paralegals, documentation specialists, and loan administrators and servicers on equipment finance leasing and commercial lending matters of varying complexity;
• Drafting, reviewing and/or negotiating lease and loan documents relating to all types of lease and loan transactions;
• Updating standard commercial lease, loan, security agreement and related forms;
• Actively participating in select internal client and department-level committees;
• Collaborating with clients and colleagues to improve internal processes and enhance efficiency consistent with PNC’s risk framework while also delivering a positive customer experience;
• Advising loan administrators and operations regarding ongoing administration of loans and leases, including collateral, booking and other servicing issues;
• Providing training to documentation specialists and lending/credit/documentation staff;
• Supporting the businesses relating to new initiatives, products and services; and
• Selecting and overseeing services of approved outside counsel.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications and credentials:
• J.D. degree from an accredited law school;
• Currently licensed to practice in the courts of one or more states;
• A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in secured transactions, including commercial leasing and commercial lending laws;
• Broad scope of experience in representing banks and/or equipment finance companies in middle market and large corporate commercial leasing and lending transactions;
• Commercial lending bank regulatory experience (including Reg B, AML/BSA, Flood, Reg Z, TILA) a plus;
• Solid business judgment, decision-making, problem-solving and legal analytical skills ;
• Self-starter with ability to work both independently and collaboratively, as appropriate
• Specialty equipment finance expertise, such as in vendor, aviation, energy, cross-border (particularly Canada), municipal and/or similar specialty areas, a plus;
• Excellent oral and written communication abilities;
• Strong organizational skills and excellent oral and written communication abilities; and
• Basic knowledge of SharePoint, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Adobe and Word.
- Identifies and manages legal risk for the organization.
- Conducts research, provides substantive and procedural legal advice, and participates in significant legal matters.
- Manages outside counsel relationships and expense.
- Reviews and prepares transactional and other legal documentation.
PNC Employees take pride in our reputation and to continue building upon that we expect our employees to be:
- Customer Focused - Knowledgeable of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions and able to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
- Managing Risk - Assessing and effectively managing all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure they adhere to and support PNC's Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
CompetenciesBusiness Ethics – Knowledge of practices, behaviors, applicable laws, rules, and regulations governing proper business conduct; ability to demonstrate ethical behavior in diverse situations.Decision Making and Critical Thinking – Understanding of the issues related to the decision-making process; ability to analyze situations fully and accurately, and reach productive decisions.Effective Communications – Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.External Resource Management – Ability to effectively manage the utilization of external services (e.g., product or platform vendors, service providers, contractors, consultants, outsourced functions).Influencing – Knowledge of effective influencing tactics and strategies; ability to impact decisions within and outside own organization.Legal Analysis – Knowledge of and ability to read, interpret and draw accurate conclusions from both legal and factual information.Legal Function – Knowledge of the major responsibilities, accountabilities, and organization of the legal function or department; ability to provide legal consulting, advice and assistance.Negotiating – Knowledge of successful negotiation concepts and techniques; ability to negotiate successfully across the organization and with external vendors and clients in a constructive and collaborative manner.
Work ExperienceRoles at this level typically require a university / college degree. Higher level education such as a Masters degree, PhD, or certifications is desirable. Industry relevant experience is typically 8+ years. Specific certifications are often required.
Disability Accommodations Statement:
The PNC workplace is inclusive and supportive of individual needs. If you have a physical or other impairment that might require an accommodation, including technical assistance with the PNC Careers website or submission process, please call 877-968-7762 and select Option 4: Recruiting or contact us via email at email@example.com.
The Human Resources Service Center hours of operation are Monday - Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.
Refer to the California Consumer Privacy Act Privacy Notice to gain understanding of how PNC may use or disclose your personal information in our hiring practices.