The Volvo Group’s Digital & IT organization is looking for summer interns with a passion to demonstrate their academic knowledge in a practical setting. This internship will include the opportunity to:
- Play a temporary (but key) role in Volvo’s effort to create a more sustainable future
- Work on a real-world business challenge within our U.S. manufacturing footprint
- Team with (and receive mentorship from) Volvo employees with world-class training and experience
- Interact in a culture where “best ideas win”
Are you interested in helping shape the world towards a more sustainable future? Do you want to build upon your knowledge and develop real world experience? This internship provides students with the opportunity to apply academic knowledge and skills in a professional environment and to support/promote the graduate's career goals through contact with professionals in their field of study. The intern experience enables students to participate in professional activities for Volvo Group by working on important and innovation projects.
Duration: Assignment will begin May 13, 2024, through August 9, 2024. Interns may work up to 40 hours/week onsite.
What skills are needed to qualify for this internship?
- Collaborate with the Citizen Development stable team as part of an Agile SCRUM team
- Complete assigned sprint tasks to research and document enterprise technical and business requirements
- Document and perform business discovery sessions as a liaison with the platform delivery team
- Effectively communicate Power Platform changes, feature designs, and outcomes to business stakeholders and leadership
- Optimize the team's SharePoint page to improve platform archives and communications
- Assist in the planning, implementation, and monitoring of Power Platform and other digitalization initiatives across various departments.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify opportunities for process optimization and automation using digital technologies.
- Contribute to data management tasks, including data cleansing, migration, and analysis.
- Participate in system testing, troubleshooting, and issue resolution to ensure smooth operation of IT systems.
- Assist in the evaluation and deployment of software applications, tools, and cloud services.
- Aid in the creation and maintenance of technical documentation, user guides, and standard operating procedures.
- Contribute ideas and insights to enhance our digitalization strategy and technology roadmap.
Minimum Education Requirements:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Superior knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint, Power Point, Excel, and Word
- Experience with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tools (i.e., Dynamics, Salesforce) or related MCIF tools
- Knowledge of cloud technologies (Microsoft Azure)
- Knowledge of Azure DevOps and Agile processes
- Willingness to learn advanced development aspects of the Power Platform
- Ability to work in diverse teams and communicate technical concepts and results to a wide range of audiences
- Flexibility and adaptability to work in a growing, dynamic, interdisciplinary team of experts
- Knowledge of business analytics tools such as Power BI/Tableau to communicate insights
At the Volvo Group, we strive for a clear, transparent, and straightforward compensation approach, motivating you to contribute to the company’s growth. For all intern and co-op positions, the hourly range is set at $16.00 - $46.00. The hourly rate for these roles is determined by several factors including, but not limited to, geographic location, academic classification, and degree seeking area of study. In addition to these factors, we believe in the importance of pay equity and consider internal equity of our current team members as part of any final offer.
- Currently pursuing a degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Business Analytics, Data Science, or other related degree and have completed 30 semester hours prior to the start of the internship
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75
We also offer the following benefits to interns and co-ops:
- Housing assistance
- Countless career opportunities / internal mobility across our global organization
- Training and personal development
We value your data privacy and therefore do not accept applications via mail.
Who we are and what we believe in
Our focus on Inclusion, Diversity, and Equity allows each of us the opportunity to bring our full authentic self to work and thrive by providing a safe and supportive environment, free of harassment and discrimination. We are committed to removing the barriers to entry, which is why we ask that even if you feel you may not meet every qualification on the job description, please apply and let us decide.
Applying to this job offers you the opportunity to join Volvo Group. Every day, across the globe, our trucks, buses, engines, construction equipment, financial services, and solutions make modern life possible. We are almost 100,000 people empowered to shape the future landscape of efficient, safe and sustainable transport solutions. Fulfilling our mission creates countless career opportunities for talents with sharp minds and passion across the group’s leading brands and entities.
Group Digital & IT is the hub for digital development within the Volvo Group. Imagine working with cutting-edge technology in a global team, represented in more than 30 countries. We are dedicated to leading the way for tomorrow's transport solutions, guided by a strong customer mindset and high curiosity, both as individuals and as a team. Here you will thrive in your career in an environment where your voice is heard and your ideas are important.
Volvo Group North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer