Carnegie Mellon University is a private, global research university that stands among the world’s most renowned education institutions. With ground-breaking brain science, path-breaking performances, creative start-ups, big data, big ambitions, hands-on learning, and a whole lot of robots, CMU doesn’t imagine the future, we invent it. If you’re passionate about joining a community that challenges the curious to deliver work that matters, your journey starts here.
CMU’s Computing Services department is searching for a Sr. IT Support Consultant. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who thrives in an interesting and challenging work environment. You will contribute to the department by being responsible for front line support of users of desktops, networks, and IT resources.
We are seeking a talented team member who is:
- Passionate about delivering high-quality service experiences that support our customers and organization
- Enthusiastic about supporting the core functions that help the university operate
- Innovative with an instinctual growth mindset and dedicated to learning and creatively applying new insights to expand the impact of the group
- Highly adaptable to the needs of our leadership and colleagues and excels at presenting with the right level of detail
Your core responsibilities will include:
- Will be involved in the ongoing review and evaluation of emerging technologies as assigned as well as leading or participating on project teams
- Able to resolve and/or coordinate the resolution of escalated issues
- Trains and assists lower-level support staff with resolving technical issues
- Ensures that established processes and procedures are followed. Researches, evaluates, and recommends tools, processes, programs, and techniques to provide improved technical support, and completes project work as assigned
- This level includes help desk team leads that provide day-to-day oversight of assigned team members and senior level DSP staff
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Inclusion and cultural sensitivity are valued competencies at CMU. Therefore, we are in search of a team member who can effectively interact with a varied population of diverse audiences. We are looking for someone who shares our values and who will support the mission of the university through their work.
This is a great opportunity for someone to work in a creative, dedicated, driven team, in a collaborative environment committed to technical innovation, inclusion, and work-life balance.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3-5 years of demonstrated experience in Help Desk, End User, Workstation Support, Operating System Administration, and Network Administration
- Strong interpersonal, problem-solving, reasoning, and technical skills
- Or a combination of education and relevant experience from which comparable knowledge is demonstrated
- Successful background check
Are you interested in this exciting opportunity?! Apply today!
Job FunctionSystems Administration and Support
Position TypeStaff – Regular
Full Time/Part timeFull time
- Please visit “Why Carnegie Mellon” to learn more about becoming part of an institution inspiring innovations that change the world.
- Click here to view a listing of employee benefits
- Carnegie Mellon University is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran.
- Statement of Assurance