THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a HUMAN RESOURCES ASSISTANT (MILITARY), Position Description Number D2014000 and is part of the PA Deputy Chief of Staff for Personnel DCSPER, National Guard.As a HUMAN RESOURCES ASSISTANT (MILITARY), GS-0203-07, you will serve as a final reviewer and/or processor of actions, which may include but are not limited to: accessions, discharges/separations, promotions, awards, reductions, transfers, boards, Non-Commissioned Officer Evaluation Reports (NCOERs), Office Evaluation Reports (OERs), promotion eligibility, Simultaneous Membership Program (SMP), discharges, waivers, award/withdraw, Military Occupational Specialty (MOS), retirement eligibility, iPERMS, RCAS, eMILPO, SIDPERS, DJMS, DMDC, CAC Automation,TAPDB-G, DSRO, and any additional or emerging systems that support personnel management and actions that affect eligibility of educational or incentive benefits as well as sensitive, complex cases, which involve: Allegations of inequitable, prejudiced, or similar treatment (e.g. issues of fraudulent enlistment or assignment; removal of military member from active or inactive status). Research and obtain all necessary, relevant information regarding cases and issues and provides explanations and interpretations of rules, regulations, procedures, and requirements pertaining to actions taken or recommended. If serving as the primary assistant to the Military Funeral Honors or Casualty Assistance programs then you serve as the primary point of contact, coordinator, and advisor for questions regarding Military Funeral Honors and/or Casualty Assistance. Provides advisory services to family members of deceased military members (current and former) and serves as a liaison between the family and funeral directors and their assistants, Veterans Services Organizations, Veterans Affairs Offices, National Guard Bureau (NGB), Regional Casualty Assistance Coordinator (CAC), and other military services and/or members. Perform other duties as assigned.
1 or more Position(s) may be hired against this Announcement.
APPOINTMENT STATUS: EXCEPTED
This is a Dual Status Excepted Service Technician position in the Pennsylvania Army National Guard.
AREA OF CONSIDERATION:
Category 1: Qualified, currently employed Title 32 Federal Technicians working at the location specified in the job announcement.
Category 2: Qualified, currently employed Title 32 Federal Technicians of the Pennsylvania National Guard. (Army and/or Air)
Category 3: Qualified, currently employed Federal Employees (T5) or Federal Technicians (T32) within the Pennsylvania National Guard (Army and/or Air).
Category 4: Qualified current members of the Pennsylvania National Guard. (Army and/or Air)
Compatible Military Assignments: 00F, 42A, 68G
Supervisor for this position is SFC Edwards.
GENERAL EXPERIENCE: Administrative or clerical experience, education, or training which demonstrates the candidate's ability to perform the duties of the position. Experience using computer and automation systems.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Must have at least 12 months experience in the interpretation and application of regulations, procedures or laws. Experience that provided a working knowledge of administrative functions. Experience performing personnel transactions. Experience working independently and setting priorities with very little supervisory control.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND COMPETENCIES: Applicants who meet the eligibility requirements will be further evaluated by the nominating supervisor based on the following competencies considered essential to perform the duties and responsibilities of the position.
- Knowledge of the laws, rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and precedents relating to the area of assignment; and the ability to apply this knowledge in the interpretation and application of regulatory and procedural requirements to complex cases.
- Knowledge of computer databases, personnel management systems and pay management systems. Proficiency in analytical math and have effective oral and written communication skills with a customer service support base.
- Ability to provide, and perform a segment of the human resource actions which requires knowledge of processing a variety of unique official personnel tasks.
- Knowledge of requirements for proposed action to ensure that documentation is correct and sufficient; ability to review organizational records, duty codes, medical, and educational regulations in order to analyze the information and determine the propriety of the action submitted and that all levels of legal, medical, and administrative review are complete.
- Ability to deal cooperatively with others to obtain needed information, to complete required case processing, and to explain decisions or recommendations to interested parties.
- Skill in compiling information and preparing reports.
- Ability to plan and organize work.
- Knowledge of military organizational structures, protocol, and similar matters.
QUALITY OF EXPERIENCE: Length of time is not of itself qualifying. Candidates' experience should be evaluated on the basis of duties performed rather than strictly on the rank of the individual; however, established compatibility criteria/assignments must be followed. The applicant's record of experience, training, and education must show possession of the knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to fully perform the duties of the position to be filled.
SPECIAL NOTE: Per the Labor Relations Management Agreement if there are more than 15 qualified applicants for each position, by category, a KSA board will be convened in accordance with Section 17.8 of the LMRA.
PCS STATEMENT: PERMANENT CHANGE OF STATION COSTS WILL NOT BE PAID FOR THIS POSITION.