At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As a Data Expert within PNC's Balance Sheet Analytics & Modeling Group organization, you will be based in Cleveland, Ohio or Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
The position resides within the BSAM Data Strategy Team. The Data Management, Quality and Controls team is primarily responsible for the management and oversight of data used by BSAM. This includes ensuring proper controls and procedures are in place and documented. The Data Expert will work with Enterprise Data Governance teams, Enterprise Data Management and Sector Data Officers to drive Data Quality reporting and certification of data. The Data Expert will provide information to these business areas to facilitate these processes to ensure data delivered is of the highest quality and meets the PNC’s Data Management and Risk Framework. Knowledge of PNC’s Banking products and processes as well as knowledge of Data Warehouses and experience with SQL is a plus.
• Analyzing data to assist in establishing Data Quality rules and research data abnormalities in order to provide requirements to remediate defects in the data.
• Assist in the implementation and maintenance of controls and procedures that address the Data Risk concerns including ensuring integrity of the data as it moves source to BSAM and the identification of data trends or abnormalities.
• The ability to work independently and efficiently managing time and priorities to deliver results and adjust to changing project timelines.
• Strong communication skills is required to enable coordination of data activities with other PNC Business teams.
- Manages and develops information systems for clients; conducts data information analysis for a variety of studies under the direction of organizational standards. Develops strategies for data implementation, data acquisition, and archive recovery.
- Helps advise business, applications and operations counterparts to ensure data integrity and availability.
- Structures the environment and creates logical storage units especially for size and physical locations, to map database elements into logical units.
- Implements and supports technologies for managing and effectively utilizing multiple information sources, formats and uses. Resolves data integration and security issues for adherence to the organization's quality standards.
- Researches customers needs, conducts awareness and promotional sessions for potential customers.
PNC Employees take pride in our reputation and to continue building upon that we expect our employees to be:
- Customer Focused - Knowledgeable of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions and able to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
- Managing Risk - Assessing and effectively managing all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure they adhere to and support PNC's Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
CompetenciesApplication Design, Architecture – Knowledge of application design activities, tools and techniques; ability to utilize these to convert business requirements and logical models into a technical application design.Business Intelligence – Knowledge of and ability to utilize business processes and technologies for gathering, storing, analyzing, and providing access to data that helps the organization make better business decisions.Data Architecture – Knowledge and ability to create models and standards to govern which data is collected, and how it is stored, arranged, integrated, and put to use in data systems and in organizations.Data Governance – Knowledge of and the ability to develop and maintain an organization's data in order to meet business requirements.Data Mining – Knowledge of tools, techniques and practices in data mining technologies used to acquire essential business information.Emerging Technologies – Knowledge of and ability to design, apply and evaluate new information technologies for business environments in order to improve work productivity and accuracy.Informatics/Information Sciences – Knowledge of and the ability to gather, communicate and store useful information within and across organizations in order to enhance employee knowledge and improve organizational performance.IT Standards, Procedures & Policies – Knowledge of and the ability to utilize a variety of administrative skill sets and technical knowledge to manage organizational IT policies, standards, and procedures.Modeling: Data, Process, Events, Objects – Knowledge of and the ability to use tools and techniques for analyzing and documenting logical relationships among data, processes or events.Root Cause Analysis (RCA) – Knowledge of and ability to use a structured approach to identify the cause of undesirable consequences in a manufacturing environment and the changes needed to prevent a recurrence.
Work ExperienceRoles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 5+ years of industry-relevant experience. Specific certifications are often required. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Disability Accommodations Statement:
The PNC workplace is inclusive and supportive of individual needs. If you have a physical or other impairment that might require an accommodation, including technical assistance with the PNC Careers website or submission process, please call 877-968-7762 and select Option 4: Recruiting or contact us via email at email@example.com.
The Human Resources Service Center hours of operation are Monday - Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.