About the Position:
These are full time, part time and intermittent temporary civilian faculty positions at the U.S. Army War College (USAWC) as provided under Title 10 USC 4021. Initial appointment may be up to one year.
The person(s) selected for this/these position(s) will have a leading role in teaching core and elective courses of the Distance Education Program and its associated programs.
Who May Apply:
To qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Your résumé must clearly describe your relevant experience; your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is available at http://www.armycivilianservice.com/JOA/Transcripts.pdf (http://www.armycivilianservice.com/JOA/Transcripts.pdf).
SELECTIVE PLACEMENT FACTORS/KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Applicants will be rated based on the criteria listed below by a panel of subject matter experts appointed with the purpose of identifying the best-qualified candidates.
1. Must have an established record of superlative teaching at the undergraduate, graduate, and/or Senior Service College level. Experience at the graduate or Senior Service College level is preferred.
2. Ability to prepare, teach, and lecture on subjects related to national security policy, diplomacy, strategic leadership, joint planning, DOD processes, defense strategy and operations, negotiations, contemporary and future issues, and regional issues (Africa, Americas, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Eurasia, Middle East, South Asia), .
3. The ability to conceptualize, design, and write lesson plans that support the Distance Education Program (DEP) at the U.S. Army War College.
4. Refined oral and written communication skills, including the ability to serve as a student advisor for written research projects.
5. Must have master's degree (required) in national security studies, international relations, government, political science, history, regional studies, strategic studies, science and technology, program management, or related field.