CHS Central Office - Hershey, PA
The Finance Manager will oversee Finance operations for the Catherine Hershey Schools for Early Learning initiative and ensure alignment with policies, procedures and best practices established by Milton Hershey School. The Finance Manager will lead multi-year financial planning, budgeting, reporting, analysis, and other financial management activities as needed in support of CHS. This individual will provide financial leadership to support the CHS Central Office and CHS Centers in meeting initiative execution plan goals and timelines. This position reports to the Finance & Operations Director at CHS. Starting salary is in the range of $57,997 - $ 77,426 a year, based on expertise.
- Develop and oversee the CHS annual budget in collaboration with Milton Hershey School shared services finance team, CHS Central office and center leadership.
- Work with the CHS Central Office and center leadership to assess and forecast the initiative’s operating and capital funding needs over time.
- Support CHS center directors and department managers with capital review, approval, forecasting, and project close-out process.
- Prepare financial reporting updates for the CHS Board of Directors and CHS leadership.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive plan to standardize financial practices, policies, and internal controls.
- Implement training strategies for school directors and department managers and monitor financial operations for adherence to policies.
- Facilitate education and training in all areas of Finance operations for relevant stakeholders.
- Support monthly and fiscal year end close process as the point of contact for the CHS Central Office and Centers to ensure the recording of accurate accruals in accordance with US GAAP.
- Support the annual audit process and external filings including the preparation of the 990.
- Review and approve invoices, purchase orders, procurement contracts.
- Act as Central Office and Center expert for financial systems required to support CHS.
- Support the testing of ERP systems as it relates to CHS in upgrades and roll out of new functionality.
- Serve as primary point of contact for CHS Central Office and Center financial matters.
- Serve as a liaison for financial matters between Catherine Hershey Schools and the Milton Hershey School shared services finance team, ensuring financial information is managed and processed according to organization practices, policies, and procedures.
- Collaborate with the Milton Hershey School shared services team for financial operations including Budget, Procurement, Accounting, Cash Management, Accounts Payable areas.
- Ensure best practices, financial directives and organizational objectives are implemented throughout the organization by providing training, support and communication as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field o Minimum 5 years-experience in Finance related role.
- At least 3 years of experience in a financial leadership role.
- Experience using ERP systems to manage financial operations, processes, and data. Peoplesoft experience a plus.
- Exceptional interpersonal relationship and communication skills – written, verbal, and platform Proficiency in using technology, including MS Office and Internet.
- Expertise with standard financial and accounting procedures and financial regulations.
- Strong ethics with a demonstrated ability to manage confidential data.
- Exceptional demonstrated attention to detail.
- Skilled in quantitative analysis, with a proficiency in utilization of Excel.
- Demonstrated ability to create & present work financial reports and forecasting to C-Suite level leadership.
- Demonstrated ability to delegate tasks and manage multiple parallel work-streams.
- Excellent collaboration and interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional time management and project management skills.
- Professional qualifications such as CFA/CPA preferred.
- Experience in non-profit accounting, including compliance and reporting a plus.
- Exceptional communication skills – written, verbal, and platform.
- Proficiency in using technology, including MS Office and Internet.
- Commitment to the mission and values of CHS and MHS and demonstrated high degree of integrity as all MHS and CHS staff are considered to be role models for students.
- U.S. work authorized required.
Who We Are and What We’re Looking For
At CHS, we are leaders passionate about early childhood education and community betterment. Our work is driven by the desire to endow children with the resources for educational and physical well-being, while supporting and empowering their families. We listen to the needs of our diverse community and adapt to give everyone a voice. We hold each-other accountable for bringing our best and most authentic selves to school every day, creating an environment of mutual respect.
We strive to build a team of individuals that is passionate about our mission, brings in new creative ideas, and loves their work. If this sounds like you, we look forward to seeing your application. Apply Now