Candidates selected from this announcement may be eligible for non-competitive conversion to a permanent position in the competitive service, provided that all terms of the Internship Program are met and there is an available position. Conversion is not mandatory or guaranteed and is at agency discretion.
Pathways Interns may convert to a permanent position for which they qualify for (e.g., GS-0301) as outlined in the intern's Pathways agreement. Upon conversion to the competitive service, this position will have a career ladder up to the GS-7 or GS-9 full performance level. To be eligible for conversion, you must satisfactorily complete all Pathways Program requirements:
GS-0301 Qualification Requirement:
- Complete at least 640 hours of work experience prior to graduation;
- Complete all mandatory training requirements;
- Meet performance expectations and be recommended for conversion;
- Meet suitability requirements; and
- Meet the position's Qualification Requirements of the associated occupational series as outlined in the U.S. Office of Personnel Management, General Schedule Qualifications Standards. See the link below:
- 4-year course of study leading to a bachelor's degree; OR
- 3 years of general experience, 1 year of which was equivalent to at least GS-4.