At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers.
As a Sr. Application Developer (.NET), you are a member of PNC's Vendor Finance Technology organization. You will be based in Horsham, PA in Business Center.
The Sr. Application Developer will play a key role defining and implementing a robust software architecture for Vendor Finance. As part of a small, passionate team, your work here will be noticed, appreciated, tested, and deployed. The Sr. Applications Developer will have initiative, drive, and a strong work ethic. The position balances a fast-paced work environment with doing things meticulously and properly; working independently within highly collaborative integrated teams; creating new code with ensuring it doesn't break the previous version. This candidate will have a desire to solve complex technical problems across all levels of software architecture, development, and debugging.
• Write readable, extensible, testable code, while being mindful of performance requirements.
• Create, maintain, and run unit tests for both new and existing code, with a goal of delivering defect-free and well-tested code to QA.
• Work with management to create and adhere to schedules, while maintaining flexibility to adapt to shifting market demands.
• Translate mockups and wireframes into functioning front-end code.
• Write and maintain documentation for new and existing features.
• Keep up-to-date on best practices and new technologies.
• Rapid prototyping, and presenting conceptual design and working prototypes to management.
• Conduct design and code reviews and collaborate to ensure your own code passes review.
• Work with Business to analyze requirements.
• Collaborate on technical architecture and design.
Required Skills & Experience
• Solid understanding of OOP design principles
• Visual Studio 2017, SQL Server 2016
• Remote debugging
• Unit Testing
• C#, ASP.NET MVC, Web API
• HTML5, CSS3, Responsive Design
• Understanding of web technology stack, including HTTP, REST, cookies, caching, and asset loading
• Windows & web services, WCF, MSMQ
• C# and .NET Framework
• Experience with scalable, performant design and architecture
• Working knowledge of SQL and relational databases
• Should be able to read and write complex SQL queries, stored procedures, views, and functions
• ADO.NET & LINQ to SQL
• Designing databases and ensuring their stability, reliability, and performance.
• Design, create, and implement database systems based on the end user's requirements.
• Impove application's performances.
• Prepare documentations for database applications.
• Memory management for database systems.
• Develop database schemas, tables and dictionaries.
• Ensure the data quality and integrity in databases.
• Fix any issues related to database performance and provide corrective measures.
• Create complex functions, scripts, stored procedures and triggers to support application development.
• Take regular database backup.
• Test databases and perform bug fixes.
• Provide authentication and authorizations for Database
• Develop best practices for database design and development activities.
Desired Skills & Experience
• Familiarity with Azure
• Experience with automated builds and deployment (TeamCity, Docker)
• Experience with .NET Web Forms and migrating to MVC
• Experience with NOSQL databases
- Provides detailed technical design and development of software solutions using existing and emerging technology platforms.
- Proposes & designs software solutions to address complex business needs.
- Writes code, tests and deploys software.
- Prepares technical and procedural documentation required for software.
- Maintains and debugs software.
PNC Employees take pride in our reputation and to continue building upon that we expect our employees to be:
- Customer Focused - Knowledgeable of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions and able to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
- Managing Risk - Assessing and effectively managing all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure they adhere to and support PNC's Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
CompetenciesApplication Delivery Process – Knowledge of major tasks, deliverables, and formal application delivery methodologies; ability to utilize these in order to deliver new or enhanced applications.Application Design, Architecture – Knowledge of application design activities, tools and techniques; ability to utilize these to convert business requirements and logical models into a technical application design.Application Development Tools – Knowledge of and ability to utilize a variety of specific tools and toolkits for the development and support of applications.Application Testing – Knowledge of application testing and ability to design, plan and execute application testing strategies and tactics to ensure software quality throughout all stages of application development.Packaged Application Integration – Knowledge of and the ability to implement packaged application software and integrate it with company applications, databases and technology platforms.System Development Life Cycle – Knowledge of project management techniques and the ability to plan, design, develop, test, implement and maintain system development life cycle segments and phases.Technical Troubleshooting – Knowledge of technical troubleshooting approaches, tools and techniques, and the ability to anticipate, recognize, and resolve technical (hardware, software, application or operational) problems.Technical Writing/Documentation – Knowledge of the technical language and writing approach, and the ability to write paper-based and on-line technical reference documentation (guidelines, standards, procedures, processes, applications, etc.)
Work ExperienceRoles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 3+ years of relevant / direct industry experience. Certifications are often desired. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Disability Accommodations Statement:
The PNC workplace is inclusive and supportive of individual needs. If you have a physical or other impairment that might require an accommodation, including technical assistance with the PNC Careers website or submission process, please call 877-968-7762 and select Option 4: Recruiting or contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Human Resources Service Center hours of operation are Monday - Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.
Refer to the California Consumer Privacy Act Privacy Notice to gain understanding of how PNC may use or disclose your personal information in our hiring practices.