Would you like to work in an empowered, enthusiastic, and challenging atmosphere? Are you interested in new technologies such as automation, electromobility, and connectivity? Does the opportunity to drive the development of future Volvo products excite you? If so, then join our team!
Who We Are?
Our team, Complete Vehicle (CV), is part of Volvo Group Trucks Technology (GTT), a division of Volvo Group North America, provide state-of-the-art research, engineering, product planning and project execution to the final delivery of complete products and support of the products in the aftermarket. Complete Vehicle translates the soul of the brand to a product message, designs the products and services, delivers all truck and component builds, develops niche products and Aftermarket Solutions, and verifies and validates the products and services.
What you will be doing?
As an Automation Engineering Intern you will join our Diagnostics engineering team where we develop Aftermarket Diagnostics for Volvo and Mack trucks. You will work on supporting our team to develop cutting edge off-board diagnostic solutions for our customers.
Your mission will be:
1. Python scripting to automate Manual Processes
2. Hands on validation on Volvo group products
- You will be trained to understand current way of working and create automated scripts to enhance production speed in areas where manual work is currently taking place
- Based on need – you will develop Android/ iOS apps in areas we identify
3. Documentation and delivery
- You will be responsible to develop small scripts or mobile apps based on requirements given to you.
- You will test them hands on in actual Volvo group products (latest trucks / electrical vehicles / Rigs).
Who you are?
- You will document your work during the internship period and present it to the Management at the end of your tenure.
You are a Mechanical / Electrical / Computer Science Engineering student that is prepared to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment, gaining experience and knowledge in various aspects of engineering (mechanical, electrical, software, design, production, etc.). As a valued member of the engineering team within GTT, you will have the opportunity to work directly with the engineers in the department. GTT’s values collaboration and life-long learning and our goal is to contribute to your development while providing you an opportunity to work in a business environment within the manufacturing industry. You will report to the group Manager of the Diagnostic Engineering teams.
Ready to join our team and shape tomorrow’s society together with us?
- Must be enrolled and pursuing a degree in (Mechanical / Electrical / SW Engineering or related program) at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.75.
- Interns may work up to 40 hours per week during the summer term.
At the Volvo Group, we strive for a clear, transparent, and straightforward compensation approach, motivating you to contribute to the company’s growth. For all intern and co-op positions, the hourly range is set at $16.00 - $46.00. The hourly rate for these roles is determined by several factors including, but not limited to, geographic location, academic classification, and degree seeking area of study. In addition to these factors, we believe in the importance of pay equity and consider internal equity of our current team members as part of any final offer.
We also offer the following benefits to interns and co-ops:
- Housing assistance
- Countless career opportunities / internal mobility across our global organization
- Training and personal development
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
Volvo Group North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer