JOB ID: 23000208
Job Category: Health Services (Medical, Dental and Psych Svcs)
Milton Hershey School (MHS) is one of the world’s best private schools, where over 2,000 pre-K through 12th grade students from disadvantaged backgrounds are provided a home and career-focused education so they can learn and grow to reach their full potential. Thanks to the generosity of Milton and Catherine Hershey, the school is fully endowed with the resources to ensure every child and staff member has what they need to succeed. The school has prepared almost 12,000 graduates to lead fulfilling and productive lives and is expanding to serve more students in the coming years.
MHS is currently seeking a Part-time Driver (non-CDL) to join the Dental Services team. This position assists Dental Services by providing high-quality care to students while transporting and accompanying students to/from off-campus appointments for treatment. The professional will also provide emotional support and supervision while transporting students, ensure students are treated with respect, and always maintain personal/professional accountability consistent with the vision and mission of the school. Some of the job responsibilities include:
- Ensure safe and timely transport of students to/from dental appointments, both on and off campus
- Ensure students are properly secured in vehicle (e.g., seatbelts, car/booster seats)
- Effectively communicate with the Dental Office Coordinator establish weekly work schedule.
- Responsible for transport of all necessary dental documentation related to the student to/from the off-site treatment provider. Communicate pertinent treatment/contact information relevant to student appointments.
- Safely maneuver and transport students who have received sedation dentistry.
- Be prepared to deliver basic first aid and CPR, if needed.
Work schedule: Monday – Friday, up to 29 hours per week. The hours may vary between 7:15 am to 4:00 pm. Flexibility and willingness to work different hours throughout the week is required. Hourly pay rate: $15.00 - $20.00, pay is determined based on experience. No benefits are offered with this part-time position.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- CPR/First Aid/AED Certified required or ability to obtain one within one month upon hiring.
- Valid PA Driver’s License in good standing required; must have the ability to drive a SUV and 8- passenger school vans.
- Ability to handle confidential information, ensure HIPAA compliance, and to maintain professional boundaries with students and staff.
- Physical ability to lift and assist students.
- OSHA training for blood-borne pathogens a plus.
- Ability to perform/follow proper infection control procedures and adhere to COVID mitigation strategies.
- Knowledge of MHS campus and surrounding communities is a plus.
- Knowledge of dental/medical terminology a plus.
- Candidates must demonstrate a high degree of integrity as all MHS Staff are role models for MHS students.
- Candidates should be willing to actively engage with MHS students beyond the scope of their job responsibilities.