Thank you for your interest in joining our team! Qurate Retail Group comprises six leading retail brands – QVC®, HSN®, Ballard Designs®, Frontgate®, Garnet Hill® and Grandin Road® – all dedicated to providing a more human way to shop. Qurate Retail Group is the largest player in video commerce ("vCommerce"), which includes video-driven shopping across linear TV, ecommerce sites, digital streaming and social platforms.
QVC's Kitchen Utility team is responsible for kitchen organization, cleanliness and kitchen sanitation. Under the direction of the Studio Kitchen Provisions Lead, the Kitchen Utility person will communicate on a daily basis regarding kitchen activity, kitchen duties and needs. This role will be responsible for not only the majority of the dishwashing duties but also receiving and breakdown of product samples, purveyor groceries and other deliveries related to the kitchen department.
This is a part-time position will work at least up to 20 hours per week and may compliment your full time work schedule.
Who We Are
We are a passionate group of Culinary Professionals who value each other's perspective and ensure team work is at the forefront of what we do.
- You will communicate to the Studio Kitchen Supervisor the daily activities of the Kitchen department including kitchen users, food preparation, food items, supplies and equipment on a daily basis.
- You will oversee cleaning and maintenance of kitchen equipment and facilities and ensures that all safety regulations are followed. Maintain and clean all kitchen equipment including dishes, pots, pans, workspaces, utensils, walk-ins, floors, walls.
- You will play an active role in food utilization to assist in lowering food costs; cross utilization to streamline available inventory and avoid waste. Assists the Inventory Control Chief in breaking down daily inventory delivery and properly wrapping and storing.
What You Bring
- Must have 6 months + experience in a diverse kitchen environment.
- Must be available at least 20 hours per week. Working Tuesday Night into Wednesday early morning and Saturday night into Sunday early morning is required as peak food days.
- Ability to stand on feel for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs.
Remote work is not permitted in NYC at this time.