At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers.
As a Security Engineer within PNC's Security organization, you will be based in Pittsburgh, PA.
The Crypto Solutions Engineer drives Information Technologies (IT) security and productivity stakes by enabling secure connectivity for technical assets and devices within PNC’s infrastructure through the creation and management of digital certificates.
The role drives complex design, development, and implementation activities aligned to a number of technologies including, but not limited to, Microsoft’s Public Key Infrastructure (PKI), Code Signing key chains, Online Certificate Status Protocol (OCSP) infrastructure, Hardware Security Modules (HSM), Venafi Trust Protection Platform and Venafi TrustNet software suites.
Experience with Venafi or any other key or certificate management solution
Understanding of PKI (Certificate management)
Understanding of Cryptography
Familiarity with Security DevOps
Responsibilities for the Engineer include:
• Issuing, revoking and monitoring PKI’s overall health
• Configure the enterprise trusts of internally and externally generated certificates
• Manage and Maintain Cert management solution and troubleshoot on a Tier III Level.
• Manage the successful technical delivery of Information Security projects and services for our customers by working directly with key business stakeholders, executives and project teams. Security engineers are the technical lead on initiatives and as such must drive the vision and alignment of the solution delivery. Develop and improve PKI/PKE best practices
• Keep up on current technologies and maintain awareness of industry trends and threats, focusing on PKI/PKE/Code Signing practices.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
• 5+ Years of Engineering Experience and 5+ Years of PKI Engineering Experience
• Experience using: Group policy troubleshooting, SCOM monitoring.
• Powershell scripting is a plus
- Provides subject matter expertise when applying security concepts. Leverages technical knowledge and industry experience to design, build, and maintain technology solutions. Responsible for deliverables related to project timelines.
- Responsible for working with architecture to take high level architectural designs and determine the specifics around implementation details (ex: sizing) integration details, onboarding and operationalization.
- Evaluates patches, updates, and ongoing maintenance. Determines impacts to existing solutions when new standards are implemented. Utilizes change control and other governance processes to ensure alignment of solutions .
- Develops detailed implementation, configuration, design, and engineering documentation. Build and implement solutions.
- Works with operational partners to enable transition and day-to-day supportability.
- Provides engineering support to existing technology in a production environment and collaborating with other groups as required. Seeks opportunities to grow a broad knowledge base to complement specific subject matter expertise.
PNC Employees take pride in our reputation and to continue building upon that we expect our employees to be:
- Customer Focused - Knowledgeable of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions and able to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
- Managing Risk - Assessing and effectively managing all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure they adhere to and support PNC's Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
CompetenciesAnalytical Thinking – Knowledge of techniques and tools that promote effective analysis and the ability to determine the root cause of organizational problems and create alternative solutions that resolve the problems in the best interest of the business.Effective Communications – Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.Information Security Management – Knowledge of and the ability to manage the processes, tools, techniques and practices for assuring adherence to standards associated with accessing, altering and protecting organizational data.Information Security Technologies – Knowledge of technologies and technology-based solutions dealing with information security issues.IT Environment – Knowledge of an organization's IT purposes, activities and standards; ability to create an effective IT environment for business operations.IT Standards, Procedures & Policies – Knowledge of and the ability to utilize a variety of administrative skill sets and technical knowledge to manage organizational IT policies, standards, and procedures.IT Systems Management – Knowledge of and ability to utilize a variety of technical tools and techniques to guarantee service availability and ensure IT system performance.Network and Internet Security – Knowledge of the features, tools and processes used for maintaining network and Internet security; the ability to develop and implement safeguards for the prevention of intrusion and unauthorized access to an organization's network security system.Problem Solving – Knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving organizational, operational or process problems; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.Technical Troubleshooting – Knowledge of technical troubleshooting approaches, tools and techniques, and the ability to anticipate, recognize, and resolve technical (hardware, software, application or operational) problems.
Work ExperienceRoles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 5+ years of industry-relevant experience. Specific certifications are often required. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Disability Accommodations Statement:
The PNC workplace is inclusive and supportive of individual needs. If you have a physical or other impairment that might require an accommodation, including technical assistance with the PNC Careers website or submission process, please call 877-968-7762 and select Option 4: Recruiting or contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Human Resources Service Center hours of operation are Monday - Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.