Provide surveying service to company supervision and crafts to ensure construction work complies with design drawing locations.
- Provide work control lines and elevations that are required for accurate measurement and correct installation of materials by crafts, i.e., forms for concrete pours, anchor bolts, piping hangers and supports, etc.
- Provide checking of as-built conditions that require the use of surveying techniques.
- Provide topographic and cross-section surveys as required for planning and payment quantities. Provide quantity calculations as required.
- Prepare documentation of surveying activities.
- Maintain condition and adjustment of surveying equipment.
- Supervise surveying Technician and surveying Trainee personnel.
- Coordinate surveying activities with the assigned engineer to meet the construction requirements.
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor's direction.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
Educational and experience requirements include: 2 years technical engineering/surveying training plus minimum 1 year construction surveying experience or equivalent combinations of training and related experience. Thorough knowledge of and ability to use all surveying equipment & techniques essential. Ability to accurately read blueprints and calculate shapes (geometric, etc.) also required.
Environmental aspects (weather, heights, etc.) play important part in this position since one is constantly out-of-doors. Non-exempt under FLSA.
We are an Equal Opportunity and VEVRAA Federal Contracting Employer: We encourage Covered Veterans, Minorities, Females, and Disabled Individuals to apply.