Thank you for your interest in joining our team! Qurate Retail Group comprises seven leading retail brands – QVC®, HSN®, Zulily®, Ballard Designs®, Frontgate®, Garnet Hill® and Grandin Road® – all dedicated to providing a more human way to shop. Qurate Retail Group is the largest player in video commerce ("vCommerce"), which includes video-driven shopping across linear TV, ecommerce sites, digital streaming and social platforms.
We are looking for a leader to manage the site of a multi-shift, 7 day per week, variable volume distribution operation's quality and operations control. This would include cycle counting, inventory research and reconciliation, root cause analysis, and to ensure compliance with established SOX, departmental, and operational procedures, and performance goals.
Who We Are
QVC empowers shoppers with knowledge and shares insights in a lively and engaging way.?We offer an ever-changing collection of familiar brands and fresh new products – from home and fashion to beauty, electronics and jewelry – and we connect shoppers to interesting personalities, engaging stories, and award-winning customer service. QVC reaches?more than?200?million homes worldwide via its 12 broadcast networks and reaches millions more via?multiple streaming services, websites, mobile apps, and social pages.
The Leader of Site Quality and Operational Control has primary responsibilities to develop and implement all quality of processes, productivity, financial and service goals are met, and support the site's and corporate goals. The Leader trains their teams of exempt and non-exempt employees in meeting departmental and site goals related to culture, costs, service cycle time, and quality. Cultural goals will be accomplished in the development of an engaged and safe workforce through the successful application and practice of QVC's Leadership Competency Model. You will ensure to cover all requirements coming out of SOX related aspects as well as corresponding audits due to SOX and year-end. The leader will manage the strategic operation of their site, coach their team, and meet departmental goals. This includes goals related to costs, cycle time, and quality. Costs and cycle time are controlled through the economical use of personnel, materials, and equipment. Quality goals are achieved through implementing the department's standard operating procedures, processes, and methods. You will report to the Manager of Regional Quality.
- Lead 24 hour per day/7 day a week Quality and Operational control team to support the accuracy, investigate and resolve inventory issues, such as slot accuracy discrepancies to ensure inventory and process integrity.
- Be the main contact for internal and external auditors, inventory accounting, and finance regarding inventory accuracy and integrity.
- Be main connection point between the Commerce Platforms team and the Customer Logistics/Distribution Operations teams.
- Ensure real-time feedback is provided on audits performed on internal and external customer orders to guarantee an excellent customer experience.
- Provide quality feedback to all partners promoting the dialog and commitments that promote a continuous improvement mindset and has a favorable impact on the effectiveness of the site through accuracy measurements.
- Foster a sense of collaboration with the operational partners to maximize our results.
- Build an engaged Culture by modeling The QVC Difference Values and operating principles, ensuring all employees are treated, fairly, ethically, and respectfully.
- Develop and submit an annual budget plan for Quality and Operational Control departments. Monitor expenses against budgeted costs and provide explanations for variances for all.
- Develop corporate quality guidelines for specified commodities. Specify inspection and procedure criteria by commodity, sampling techniques, Audit techniques, error capturing to ensure products and procedures meet established inventory and quality standards.
- Develop and implement operational plans to achieve designated departmental goals. Create new programs to enhance the quality control function. Help develop short- and long-range goals for the Quality department including workforce and systems requirements.
- Lead staff provides guidance and training to develop staff skills. Hire, promote, terminate, and counsel staff by partnering with HR and other partners (e.g., workers council). Evaluate staff performance and recommend wage increases/adjustments. Work with department supervisory staff to develop a staffing plan to meet productivity and quality goals.
- Lead and resolve the most complex quality issues encountered in the operation. Support site personnel in determining the effectiveness of quality inspections. Research causes of quality problems with merchandise and determines how to prevent future occurrences. Develop action plans to address problem areas.
- Develop methods of improving specific aspects of the operation such as efficiency, inspection techniques, audit sampling plans, quality, and productivity. Design and implement training programs and supporting materials for employee education and development.
- Develop procedures to meet new or changing conditions within the department. Ensure consistency among sites in quality practices. Work with necessary partners to obtain agreement and implement corrective action measures.
- Set the strategic vision at the site maximizing inventory accuracy with a focus on high-level customer service and site efficiency.
- Develop and implement short-term and long-term goals with the Quality and Operational Control department and product central to bring teams and sites to continuous improvement.
- Model and use tools to develop the team and provide constructive feedback to ensure that team members are making the connection between these tools and their performance and development.
- Review existing operation to determine what improvements can be made to areas, which allow for cost reduction, increased speed, and improved customer service.
- Lead projects to improve cost of operations while improving quality, accuracy, and service to internal and external customers.
- Lead site projects as requested to improvement with focus on inventory accuracy, show control, and process design.
- Lead teams in ways to guide a safe working environment for employees and maximize employee engagement throughout corporate and distribution teams and ensures that site remains proper health and security environment.
- Assist Talent Acquisition in recruiting, interviewing, and selecting high-quality staff.
- Ensure and cover manager on duty shifts. High level of overall operation knowledge is needed to act as the leader on weekends and bank holidays.
What You Bring
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Supply Chain, or Engineering required, Master's Degree.
- Experience (5+ years) in leading large-scale distribution operations, specifically in the direct to customer distribution arena, plus experience leading leaders in similar operations.
- Experience (5+ years) in leading inventory and quality control areas of distribution operations including inventory control, analysis, and systems.
- Experience (3+ years) with multiple operation inventory or quality control.
- Experience (3+ years) with coordination and flow of product from warehouse/distribution locations to broadcast and content sets to support live show and product content development.
- Financial background, including financial analysis, inventory accounting, cost accounting, internal audit, and related financial functions.
- Detailed experience in distribution systems including design and configuration of warehouse management systems.
- Experience leading a team to balance goals of a great employee experience, customer experience, and financial performance.
- Experience optimizing network resources and understand how to improve performance and service.
- Experience in budgeting, financial management, and labor planning and optimization.
- Experience driving cost savings and improve service to our customers through network and process improvements with our DCs, vendors, and transportation partners.
- Subject matter expert in quality and operational controls, internal controls auditing, process improvement, organization, and operations flow design, and distribution systems.
- Comfortable in engagement, leadership, culture behavior, cost awareness, customer orientation, loyalty, organizational talent, conceptual, initiate, and "live" change
Remote work is not permitted in NYC at this time.