At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As an AML Sanctions Advisor within PNC's Bank Secrecy and AML organization, you will be based in Tampa, FL.
- In an individual contributor role and advisor on AML and Sanctions Program subject matter specialties, communicates effective enterprise wide and business unit compliance program requirements and implications to comply with the Bank Secrecy Act, AML, USA PATRIOT ACT and Sanctions Program. Activities aim to prevent or identify illegal, unethical, or improper business practices. Provides AML and Sanctions advice and critical challenge to senior staff, lines of business and operational execution areas. Demonstrates ability to constructively challenge conclusions/status quo and credibly influences customers.
- Updates Compliance policies and procedures as needed. Ensures that Compliance Manuals, Front Office Manuals, policies and procedures accurately reflect current laws, rules, other regulatory requirements and management intent. Coordinates regulatory examinations and inquiries, including the coordination of interviews and information requests from regulatory agencies. Independently challenges analyses, reviews and recommendations.
- Identifies and helps to define the enterprise wide AML and Sanctions program objectives for assigned line(s) of business, products/services and operational execution areas that may execute program components to comply with the Bank Secrecy Act, AML, USA PATRIOT ACT and Sanctions Program. Serves as an AML and Sanctions subject matter specialist regarding impact on Program design and execution. Communicate and socialize those objectives (from a leadership position) to the business or operational execution points. May lead or coordinate AML and Sanctions Program monitoring reviews.
- Reviews AML and Sanctions compliance reports and related customer risk profiles. Identifies issues, escalates through proper governance channels as needed, and recommends corrective action plans. Reviews and analyzes assessments of AML and Sanctions risk and internal controls, as appropriate. Analyzes regulatory developments, advises business management of proposed rule changes and provide recommendations. Assists, as appropriate, in updating or implementing new/enhanced processes in order to ensure timely and effective compliance with new regulatory requirements.
- Support key business initiatives by identifying AML and Sanctions risks and providing resolutions to manage these risks. Provides advice and may participate as a subject matter specialists in developing and/or conducting AML and Sanctions training programs for specific employees. Serves as an AML and Sanctions Program subject matter resource regarding compliance impact on overall business activities, product development and customer activities. Works cooperatively with the business, legal partners, audit and other risk disciplines across the organization.
PNC Employees take pride in our reputation and to continue building upon that we expect our employees to be:
- Customer Focused - Knowledgeable of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions and able to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
- Managing Risk - Assessing and effectively managing all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure they adhere to and support PNC's Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
CompetenciesAccuracy and Attention to Detail – Understanding of the necessity and value of accuracy and attention to detail; ability to process information with high levels of accuracy.Anti-money Laundering/Sanctions Policies and Procedures – Knowledge of and ability to prevent or report money laundering and Sanctions-related activities in banking and financial services industry.Audit And Compliance Function – Knowledge of and ability to manage the major responsibilities, accountabilities, and organization of the Audit and Compliance (A&C) function or department.Auditing – Knowledge of organization's internal audit processes, practices and methods.Fraud Management – Knowledge of and ability to employ internal controls and to enhance business strategies for the purpose of detecting, correcting and preventing fraudulent activities.Internal Controls – Knowledge of and ability to create, implement, evaluate and enhance processes in internal controls.Problem Solving – Knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving organizational, operational or process problems; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Work ExperienceRoles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 5+ years of industry-relevant experience. Specific certifications are often required. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Disability Accommodations Statement:
The PNC workplace is inclusive and supportive of individual needs. If you have a physical or other impairment that might require an accommodation, including technical assistance with the PNC Careers website or submission process, please call 877-968-7762 and select Option 4: Recruiting or contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Human Resources Service Center hours of operation are Monday - Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.