Penn State Health Corporation
Work Type: Full Time
Hours: 8am-4:30pm (flexible)
**Hybrid Position- Remote & in-office**
Penn State Health is transforming its Internal Audit Function and seeking passionate and talented individuals to join our team. If you're looking to build strong connections, have an impact, advance your skills, expand your knowledge, grow professionally and personally, and have the flexibility to do so with a hybrid work environment, we would love to meet you and explore the possibilities together!
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Come join our GROWING Internal Audit Team! As an Internal Audit Manager, you will be actively engaged in utilizing your best-in-class auditing, risk, technology, interpersonal and administrative skills to perform, lead and manage a variety of auditing, advisory and investigative projects. This position serves as a trusted advisor to the business and supports operational change activities in partnership with leadership. In addition to audit work, the Internal Audit Manager will work closely with Business Risk Services department and organizational management to help facilitate the follow up, risk assessment and reporting processes, ensuring that the Penn State Health system-wide Internal Audit function is aligned with the organization's strategic vision, mission, and values. The Internal Audit Manager will be relied upon by department management and will play a key role in expanding the role of technology within the audit process.
- Skilled in mentoring and developing an audit team to ensure a strong skill set in identifying internal control issues, documenting findings, and making relevant recommendations via a written report and/or verbal presentation.
- Knowledge of health system and/or public auditing policies, standards, and procedures.
- Ability to supervise and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
- Strong ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to analyze, propose possible solutions to, and solve problems. Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating. policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment, both internally and externally of the department. • Ability to provide technical guidance and training to end users. • Ability to develop, plan, and implement short- and long-range goals.
- Employee development and performance management skills.
- Knowledge and application of professional auditing concepts and principles.
- Ability to develop and implement audit plans and schedules.
- Knowledge of financial recordkeeping procedures, laws, regulations, and standards.
- Ability to persuade and influence others and maintain a positive can-do attitude. Knowledge of current changes and/or developments in applicable federal, state, local laws, Penn State Health policies and procedures, and in the healthcare provider industry
- Ability to analyze data and familiarity with electronic workpapers and computerized analytical audit tools.
- Understanding of IT control environment and ability to interact professionally with IT audit personnel to design audit procedures, evaluate matters, etc.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum seven (7) years Relevant Audit Experience
- Must have at least one job related certification (CPA, CIA, CISA, CFE, etc.)
- Data Analytics experience a plus
- Public Accounting experience a plus
- Presentation skills a plus
- Actively pursuing or has obtained a second certification (CPA, CIA, CISA, CFE, etc.)
This job description is a general outline of duties performed and is not to be misconstrued as encompassing all duties performed within the position. All individuals (including current employees) selected for a position will undergo a background check appropriate for the position's responsibilities.
Penn State Health is fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is unapologetically expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information. If you are unable to use our online application process due to an impairment or disability, please call 717-531-8440 between the hours of 7:30 AM and 4:30 PM, Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday, email email@example.com or download our Accommodation Instructions for Job Applicants PDF for more detailed steps for assistance.