At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. We work together each day to foster an inclusive workplace culture where all of our employees feel respected, valued and have an opportunity to contribute to the company’s success. As a Business Continuity Manager II within PNC's Technology organization, you will be based in Pittsburgh, PA.• Oversees a team who monitors PNC events (Technology-related) and local, state, national and global events that could affect the banks operations and safety to employees (civil, political, economic and natural). Assess hazards and prepares plans • Assess all hazards to PNC and prepares plans and resources to respond to events, emergencies and disasters in order to minimize risk to people, property and adverse customer impacts. • This team, in conjunction with others, will coordinate and execute the response needed for 24x7 support. • A successful candidate will have experience with crisis management and life safety, technology disruptions, have strong analytical and critical thinking to lead through a crisis or event, excellent communication skills, relationship skills to work with partners, and able to provide education/training instructions and awareness for all PNC employees.
- Serves as the central point of contact responsible for leading the Business Continuity/Crisis plans for a large business segment or group. Responsible for the successful implementation of the organizations Business Continuity Lifecycle and / or Crisis Planning.
- Manages a team responsible for the execution of business recovery, crisis management, emergency management, contingency planning and disaster preparedness planning and testing.
- Provides insight to the vision and direction for business continuity lifecycle planning, including the business impact analysis, risk assessment, recovery planning and recovery testing.
- Ensures the compliance of each aspect of business continuity. Partners with the business in relationships with audit and government regulators on business continuity issues.
- Leads a functional area within business continuity/crisis management that drives effective recovery planning and testing of recovery and response capabilities.
PNC Employees take pride in our reputation and to continue building upon that we expect our employees to be:
- Customer Focused - Knowledgeable of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions and able to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
- Managing Risk - Assessing and effectively managing all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure they adhere to and support PNC's Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
PNC also has fundamental expectations of our people managers. As a manager of talent in PNC, you will be expected to:
- Include Intentionally - Cultivates diverse teams and inclusive workplaces to expand thinking.
- Live the Values - Role models our values with transparency and courage.
- Enable Change - Takes action to drive change and innovation that will transform our business.
- Achieve Results - Takes personal ownership to deliver results. Empowers and trusts others in decision making.
- Develop the Best - Raises the bar with every talent decision and guides the achievement of all employees and customers.
CompetenciesContingency and Disaster Recovery – Knowledge of approaches, practices, tools and techniques for contingency and disaster recovery operations, and the ability to develop and execute contingency and disaster recovery plans.Crisis Management – Knowledge of crisis management concepts and techniques; ability to predict, avert, mitigate, and recover from an event that has or could have a severely negative impact on the business.Decision Making and Critical Thinking – Understanding of the issues related to the decision-making process; ability to analyze situations fully and accurately, and reach productive decisions.Effective Communications – Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.Flexibility and Adaptability – Knowledge of successful approaches, tools, and techniques for dealing with changes and adapting to a changing environment; ability to adapt as needed.Industry Knowledge – Knowledge of the organization's industry group, trends, directions, major issues, regulatory considerations, and trendsetters; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Work ExperienceRoles at this level typically require a university / college degree. Higher level education such as a Masters degree, PhD, or certifications is desirable. Industry experience is typically 8+ years. At least 5 years of prior management experience is typically required. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education, job specific certification(s), and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Additional Job Description
PNC offers employees a comprehensive range of benefits to help meet your needs now and in the future. Depending on your eligibility, options for full-time employees include medical/prescription drug coverage (with a Health Savings Account feature); dental and vision options; employee and spouse/child life insurance; short- and long-term disability protection; maternity and parental leave; paid holidays, vacation days and occasional absence time; 401(k), pension and stock purchase plans; dependent care reimbursement account; back-up child/elder care; adoption assistance; educational assistance and a robust wellness program with financial incentives. To learn more about these and other programs, including benefits for part-time employees, visit pncbenefits.com > New to PNC.
Disability Accommodations Statement:
If an accommodation is required to participate in the application process, please contact us via email at AccommodationRequest@pnc.com. Please include “accommodation request” in the subject line title and be sure to include your name, the job ID, and your preferred method of contact in the body of the email. Emails not related to accommodation requests will not receive responses. Applicants may also call 877-968-7762 and select Option 4: Recruiting for accommodation assistance. All information provided will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
At PNC we foster an inclusive and accessible workplace. We provide reasonable accommodations to employment applicants and qualified individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to perform the essential functions of their positions.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.
Refer to the California Consumer Privacy Act Privacy Notice to gain understanding of how PNC may use or disclose your personal information in our hiring practices.