Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as “Personal Cell” or “Cellular” in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wholesale Banking provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally. Our four major business lines include Corporate & Investment Banking, Commercial Banking, Commercial Real Estate, and Wells Fargo Commercial Capital. We also have groups in credit risk, group risk, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office that support our businesses.
Our fast growing Asset Management coverage team within the Financial Institutions group of Corporate and Investment Banking is looking for a Relationship Manager (RM). The RM is responsible for growing Wells Fargo’s presence in the Traditional and Alternative asset management sectors, including hedge funds, pensions, private equity/debt, mutual fund companies, etc.
The primary responsibilities of this relationship manager will include but are not limited to:
- Focusing on structuring and executing transactions with financial/credit analysis in partnership with credit analysts and senior staff
- Developing and maintaining client relationships in conjunction with a more senior relationship manager; this includes assisting the team in sourcing, evaluating and converting new cross-sell opportunities, as well as supporting ongoing relationship support needs.
**Please note that this position can sit in our Minneapolis, New York or Charlotte locations, and 25% travel may be required.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
- 2+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: underwriting, credit, relationship management, portfolio management, equity or venture capital investing experience; or successful completion of Wholesale Credit Management Training Program
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- High level of initiative and accountability
- Intermediate Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) skills
- Strong accounting skills and ability to analyze financial statements
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
Other Desired Qualifications
- Familiarity with corporates, financial institutions and/or asset managers
- Experience with credit analysis and structuring, or capital markets experience
- 7 or 79 and 63 securities licenses. Candidates not currently licensed will require licensing per regulatory requirements within 150 days
- Obtaining and/or maintaining appropriate Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) license(s) is required for ongoing employment in this position. In addition state registration, specific product licenses or SAFE licensing may apply. Additional requirements include meeting enhanced financial fitness and criminal background standards. Wells Fargo will initiate the FINRA review process at the time of offer acceptance.
- Registration for FINRA Series 63 (or 66) must be completed within 150 days of hire date if it is not available for transfer upon hire. FINRA recognized equivalents will be accepted.
- Registration for FINRA Series 79 must be completed within 150 days of hire date if it is not available for transfer upon hire. FINRA recognized equivalents will be accepted.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
NY-New York: 30 Hudson Yards - New York, NY
NC-Charlotte: 550 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
MN-Minneapolis: 90 S 7th St - Minneapolis, MN
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.