The Department of Transportation Bedford County Maintenance office is seeking to fill a permanent, full-time Assistant Highway Maintenance Manager position. Join the PennDOT Bedford County Maintenance team with this exciting career opportunity!
IMPORTANT: YOU MUST APPLY TO THIS VACANCY POSTING, MEET ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS, COMPLETE THE SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS AND RECEIVE A SCORE. YOUR SCORE IS ONLY VALID FOR THIS SPECIFIC VACANCY. ONCE THESE POSITIONS ARE FILLED, YOUR SCORE IS NO LONGER VALID.
Manages the highway maintenance activities in the assigned region of the Bedford County Maintenance Organization.
- Full-time employment
- Work Hours: Monday thru Friday, 7:00AM to 3:00PM. Winter Shifts will apply. Must be available 24/7 for any and all emergency and/or weather related response.
- Travel and overtime are required.
Join the Department of Transportation and enjoy the satisfaction of knowing your work directly contributes to the safety of your fellow Pennsylvanians, as well as those traveling through our beautiful state!Qualifications:
- Must meet PA residency requirement - For more information on ways to meet PA residency requirements, follow the link and click on Residency
- Minimum Experience and Training Requirements - One year of experience as a Highway Maintenance Coordinator, Roadway Programs Coordinator, or Transportation Construction Manager 1; OR six years of technical experience in highway maintenance, highway construction, or maintenance of heavy equipment used in highway construction projects; OR an equivalent combination of experience and training.
- SPECIAL REQUIREMENT - All positions require possession of a valid PA non-commercial Class C driver's license or equivalent.
- A resume needs to be submitted with your application. You may upload your document as an Attachment during the application process. You must still complete the application and answer the supplemental questions.
- Must be able to perform essential job functions
Veterans: Pennsylvania law (51 Pa. C.S. §7103) provides employment preference for qualified veterans for appointment to many state and local government jobs. To learn more about employment preferences for veterans, go to www.employment.pa.gov/Additional%20Info/Pages/default.aspx and click the Veterans' Preference tab or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania is proud to be an equal opportunity employer supporting workplace diversity.
Further information on testing, assistance for persons with disabilities, veterans' preference, and other items can be obtained from:
- Score valid for this specific posting only
- Score based on information reported on application and supplemental questions
- Provide complete and accurate information or:
- score may be lower than deserved
- application processing may be delayed
- disqualification may result
- May only test once under this announcement
- Email notice of test results provided
Harrisburg: 2nd Level, Strawberry Sq. Complex, 320 Market St., P.O. Box 569, Hbg., 17108-0569; Telephone (717) 783-3058
Philadelphia: 110 North 8th St., Suite 503, Phila., 19107
Pittsburgh: 411 Seventh Ave., Room 410, Pgh., 15219
Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS): 711 (hearing and speech disabilities or other individuals)