At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. We work together each day to foster an inclusive workplace culture where all our employees feel respected, valued, and have an opportunity to contribute to the company’s success. As a Lead Teller Full Time within PNC's Retail Branch organization, you will coach Tellers on customer service skills and supervise conversations that enable referral opportunities for PNC products. You will also greet customers in the lobby, educate customers on new technology, supervise customer transactions, and assist with outbound calling initiatives. This position, within PNC's Retail Branch Banking Network, is based in Raymondville Texas at the Raymondville retail banking branch. Bilingual Spanish Preferred
- Coaches, mentors and leads tellers by example to deliver a unique customer experience aimed at improving customer financial wellbeing and creating loyalty while increasing share of wallet. Processes a variety of customer interactions. Educates customers on alternatives available for their financial interactions. Identifies banking opportunities during the customer interaction and refers as appropriate.
- Coaches, mentors and leads tellers by example in identifying opportunities through meaningful conversations with customers, making appropriate referrals to branch staff or PNC ecosystem partners .
- Coaches, mentors and leads tellers by example in performing lobby engagement activities to connect with customers and position PNC products to meet their needs. Educates customers on options for managing financial transactions by leveraging technology, tools and resources.
- Coaches, mentors and leads tellers by example with clear communication skills, transaction handling and problem resolution processes. Assists the Branch Manager in performance management and new hire selection processes.
- Coaches, mentors and leads tellers by example in adhering to all policies and procedures, demonstrating sound judgment within established limits. Ensures teller and branch daily operations and maintenance transactions are completed in an efficient and accurate manner.
PNC Employees take pride in our reputation and to continue building upon that we expect our employees to be:
- Customer Focused - Knowledgeable of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions and able to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
- Managing Risk - Assessing and effectively managing all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure they adhere to and support PNC's Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
CompetenciesAccuracy and Attention to Detail – Understanding of the necessity and value of accuracy and attention to detail; ability to process information with high levels of accuracy.Addressing Customer Needs – Knowledge of and ability to meet customer needs by offering appropriate products in an appropriate manner.Coaching Others – Knowledge of coaching concepts and methods; ability to encourage, motivate, and guide individuals or teams in learning and improving effectiveness.Digital Awareness – Shares, shows and supports clients on a variety of technological digital and online tools and resources allowing them to explore solutions to achieve their financial goals and financial well-being through the PNC conversation.Effective Communications – Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.Fraud Detection and Prevention – Knowledge of and ability to utilize processes, tools, and techniques for detecting, addressing and preventing fraudulent situations.Managing Multiple Priorities – Ability to manage multiple concurrent objectives, projects, groups, or activities, making effective judgments as to prioritizing and time allocation.Matrix Management – Ability to build and use effective working relationships within own department and across department, functional, and geographic reporting lines.Problem Solving – Knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving organizational, operational or process problems; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.Understanding Customer Needs – Knowledge of and the ability to recognize and be sensitive to the different perspectives and priorities of different customers.
Work ExperienceRoles at this level typically do not require a university / college degree, high school diploma or GED, but do require related experience or product knowledge to accomplish primary duties. Typically requires 1+ years of related experience. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education, job specific certification(s), and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Additional Job Description
PNC offers employees a comprehensive range of benefits to help meet your needs now and in the future. Depending on your eligibility, options for full-time employees include medical/prescription drug coverage (with a Health Savings Account feature); dental and vision options; employee and spouse/child life insurance; short- and long-term disability protection; maternity and parental leave; paid holidays, vacation days and occasional absence time; 401(k), pension and stock purchase plans; dependent care reimbursement account; back-up child/elder care; adoption assistance; educational assistance and a robust wellness program with financial incentives. To learn more about these and other programs, including benefits for part-time employees, visit pncbenefits.com > New to PNC.
Disability Accommodations Statement:
If an accommodation is required to participate in the application process, please contact us via email at AccommodationRequest@pnc.com. Please include “accommodation request” in the subject line title and be sure to include your name, the job ID, and your preferred method of contact in the body of the email. Emails not related to accommodation requests will not receive responses. Applicants may also call 877-968-7762 and select Option 4: Recruiting for accommodation assistance. All information provided will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
At PNC we foster an inclusive and accessible workplace. We provide reasonable accommodations to employment applicants and qualified individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to perform the essential functions of their positions.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.
Refer to the California Consumer Privacy Act Privacy Notice to gain understanding of how PNC may use or disclose your personal information in our hiring practices.