The PA Liquor Control Board is seeking a highly motivated professional Accountant to join the PLCB team. As an Accountant 1, you will be responsible for ensuring the accurate accounting of the agency's physical inventory for its 600+ Fine Wine and Good Spirits Stores.
We are seeking individuals with 1 year of inventory accounting work. If you have this experience, the PLCB wants to hear from you.
These positions will be located at one of the following locations based on the current residence of the selected candidate.
Eastern Region Distribution Center – 8201 Enterprise Avenue Philadelphia, PA 19153
Central Region Distribution Center – Kane Warehouse Inc 24 Stauffer Industrial Park Taylor, PA 18517
Western Region Distribution Center – Papercraft Building – 2 Papercraft Park Pittsburgh, PA 15238
Central Office – NWOB – 910 Capital Street Harrisburg, PA 17124
IMPORTANT: YOU MUST APPLY TO THIS VACANCY POSTING, MEET ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS, COMPLETE THE SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS AND RECEIVE A SCORE. YOUR SCORE IS ONLY VALID FOR THIS SPECIFIC VACANCY. ONCE THIS POSITION IS FILLED, YOUR SCORE IS NO LONGER VALID.
This position works closely with operations, supply chain, delivery centers and 3rd Party Logistic providers to ensure accurate accounting of physical inventory.
- Full-time employment
- Work hours - 8:30 am - 5:00 pm, Monday - Friday with a one hour lunch period
- More than one position may be filled from this vacancy announcement
Inventory accounting ensures that not only the inventory recorded on file matches the inventory on-hand, but more importantly it addresses assessing the correct value of the inventory.
Verify all inventory reports to ensure accuracy and identify and verify all discrepancies.
Reconcile all reports detailing physical inventories.
Identify loss, theft, and shrinkage issues.
Reconcile close-out inventories as well as confirm the inventories of opening stores.
Account for depreciation for all close-out, obsolete, or de-listed inventory.Qualifications:
- Must meet PA residency requirement – For more information on ways to meet PA residency requirements, follow the link and click on Residency
- Minimum Experience and Training Requirements - A bachelor's degree including or supplemented by fifteen credits in accounting; OR one year as a Fiscal Technician, and fifteen college credits in accounting; OR one year as a Financial Programs Trainee; OR five years of bookkeeping experience and fifteen college credits in accounting; OR successful completion of the Commonwealth's Accounting Intern Program.
- This position requires that applicants must have a minimum of one year of full-time experience in accounting work within an inventory environment
- Based on your answers to the supplemental application questions regarding education, you may be instructed to upload a copy of your college transcripts to your application. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable.
- Must be able to perform essential job functions
Veterans: Pennsylvania law (51 Pa. C.S. §7103) provides employment preference for qualified veterans for appointment to many state and local government jobs. To learn more about employment preferences for veterans, go to www.employment.pa.gov/Additional%20Info/Pages/default.aspx and click the Veterans' Preference tab or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS): 711 (hearing and speech disabilities or other individuals)
The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania is proud to be an equal opportunity employer supporting workplace diversity.
- Score valid for this specific posting only
- Score based on information reported on application and supplemental questions
- Provide complete and accurate information or:
- score may be lower than deserved
- application processing may be delayed
- disqualification may result
- May only test once under this announcement
- Email notice of test results provided