Gulisek Construction is seeking a Lead Concrete Finisher/Supervisor to join our growing team of construction professionals.
- Founded in 1965 and operates as a successful bridge, highway, and concrete paving contractor.
- Part of the PJ Dick-Trumbull-Lindy Group family of construction companies, consistently ranked one of the Top 100 Builders nationally by Engineering News-Record,
- A family-owned, Family of Companies voted one of Pittsburgh's "Best Places to Work" multiple times!
- Core values demonstrated every day are - Safety, Quality, Integrity, Family, and Community.
Responsible for overseeing all aspects of daily work required for the placement of cement concrete pavements, curbs, curb gutter, sidewalk and ADA ramps for heavy/highway construction projects.
- Supervise the forming and pouring crews required to complete the contract work.
- Understand and review contract plans to set up and schedule crews, equipment and material prior to start and during project.
- Document labor and equipment hours and daily production rates, quantities and material.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
Educational and experience requirements include: High School Diploma or Equivalent. A minimum of 5 years of experience as a Lead Finisher in the heavy/highway construction trades. Thorough knowledge of all aspects of construction required (technology, equipment, methods, craft agreements, jurisdiction, negotiations, engineering, cost control, schedules, and safety). Excellent communication, organizational, and supervisory skills essential.
We are an Equal Opportunity and VEVRAA Federal Contracting Employer: We encourage Covered Veterans, Minorities, Females, and Disabled Individuals to apply.