This position serves as an Auditor 1 in the Office of the Budget, Comptroller Operations, Bureau of Audits, LCB Audit Services Division. The primary responsibility of this position is to perform auditing, consulting and advisory professional journey-level work activities to assist Internal Audit in achieving its mission and service to the Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board (PLCB).
IMPORTANT: YOU MUST APPLY TO THIS VACANCY POSTING, MEET ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS, COMPLETE THE SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS AND RECEIVE A SCORE. YOUR SCORE IS ONLY VALID FOR THIS SPECIFIC VACANCY. ONCE THIS POSITION IS FILLED, YOUR SCORE IS NO LONGER VALID.
Work duties include, but are not limited to:
- Full-time employment
- Work Hours: 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM; Monday - Friday; 1 hour lunch
- Hiring preference for this vacancy will be given to candidates who live within Luzerne County. If no eligible candidates who live within Luzerne County apply for this position, candidates who reside in other counties will be considered.
- Must be willing to travel (including overnight). Travel expenses will be paid.
• Serves independently or as a contributing member of a team, completing assigned duties and communicating with the audit supervisor or auditor-in-charge.
• Develops a working knowledge of PLCB functions, auditing and office techniques.
• Travels to assignment site locations to interview staff and obtain evidence.
• Participates in interviews of PLCB staff to elicit factual information relevant to the assignment.
• Gathers, interprets, compiles, and analyzes data pertinent to assignments.
• Performs fieldwork audit activities such as testing transactions, performing inventories, visually examining records and documentation, and observing events to ensure that PLCB policy, designed internal controls, and laws and regulations are adhered to.
• Prepares documentation to support conclusions reached and correspondence to communicate work results.
• Adheres to all Commonwealth, Office of the Budget, and Internal Audit policies, procedures and operating guidelines.Qualifications:
- Must meet PA residency requirement – For more information on ways to meet PA residency requirements, follow the link and click on Residency
- Minimum Experience and Training Requirements - Four years of accounting and/or auditing experience, and 15 college level credits in accounting; OR 1 year as a Financial Programs Trainee; OR any equivalent combination of experience and/or training which includes 15 college level credits in accounting & auditing.
- This posting requires submission of a copy of your college transcript(s). Unofficial transcripts are acceptable. You may upload your document as an attachment during the application process. You must still complete the application and answer the supplemental questions. All documents MUST be uploaded prior to the submission of your application.
- Must be able to perform essential job functions.
Veterans: Pennsylvania law (51 Pa. C.S. §7103) provides employment preference for qualified veterans for appointment to many state and local government jobs. To learn more about employment preferences for veterans, go to www.employment.pa.gov/Additional%20Info/Pages/default.aspx and click the Veterans' Preference tab or contact us at email@example.com.
The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania is proud to be an equal opportunity employer supporting workplace diversity.
- Score valid for this specific posting only
- Score based on information reported on application and supplemental questions
- Provide complete and accurate information or:
- score may be lower than deserved
- application processing may be delayed
- disqualification may result
- May only test once under this announcement
- Email notice of test results provided
Further information on testing, assistance for persons with disabilities, veterans' preference, and other items can be obtained from:
Harrisburg: 2nd Level, Strawberry Sq. Complex, 320 Market St., P.O. Box 569, Hbg., 17108-0569; Telephone (717) 783-3058
Philadelphia: 110 North 8th St., Suite 503, Phila., 19107
Pittsburgh: 411 Seventh Ave., Room 410, Pgh., 15219
Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS): 711 (hearing and speech disabilities or other individuals)