The Volvo Group’s Digital & IT organization is looking for summer interns with a passion to demonstrate their academic knowledge in a practical setting. This internship will include the opportunity to:
- Play a temporary (but key) role in Volvo’s effort to create a more sustainable future
- Work on a real-world business challenge within our U.S. manufacturing footprint
- Team with (and receive mentorship from) Volvo employees with world-class training and experience
- Interact in a culture where “best ideas win”.
Are you interested in helping shape the world towards a more sustainable future? Do you want to build upon your knowledge and develop real world experience? This internship provides students with the opportunity to apply academic knowledge and skills in a professional environment and to support/promote the graduate's career goals through contact with professionals in their field of study. The intern experience enables students to participate in professional activities for Volvo Group by working on important and innovation projects.
Duration & Expected Hours:
This position may work up to 40 hours per week from May 13, 2024 to August 9, 2024.
What skills are needed to qualify for this internship?
- Help develop and execute Digital Delivery Area D&IT communication strategy and special events around key company priorities
- Contribute ideas and insights to enhance our communication strategy
- Draft, edit, and proof communications materials such as internal posts, and email pitches
- Assist in content curation and compilation for a variety of internal and external communication vehicles (including videos, blogs, podcasts, and Microsoft Teams channels)
- Contribute to creating engaging video content
- Support live virtual events and broadcasts
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify opportunities for communicating successes and achievements
- Assist in execution of townhalls and other forums and encourage employee engagement
- Assist with event set up and break down
Minimum Education Requirements:
- The ideal candidate is a self-starter with excellent writing skills, strategic thinking abilities, and the ability to handle multiple tasks efficiently
- Ability to independently manage projects and tasks, and work collaboratively on projects, as needed
- Excellent communication skills—in person, on the phone, by video, and written
- Values and fosters learning and growth in themselves and others
- Interested in digital and technology
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and video creation software
- Applicants must be currently enrolled and pursuing a degree in Communications (PR), Marketing, or related field, and have completed 30 semester hours prior to the start of the internship
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75
At the Volvo Group, we strive for a clear, transparent, and straightforward compensation approach, motivating you to contribute to the company’s growth. For all intern and co-op positions, the hourly range is set at $16.00 - $46.00. The hourly rate for these roles is determined by several factors including, but not limited to, geographic location, academic classification, and degree seeking area of study. In addition to these factors, we believe in the importance of pay equity and consider internal equity of our current team members as part of any final offer.
- Customer Focus
- Technical Skills
- Action Oriented
- Integrity and Trust
- Out of the Box Thinking
We also offer the following benefits to interns and co-ops:
- Housing assistance
- Countless career opportunities / internal mobility across our global organization
- Training and personal development
We value your data privacy and therefore do not accept applications via mail.
Who we are and what we believe in
Our focus on Inclusion, Diversity, and Equity allows each of us the opportunity to bring our full authentic self to work and thrive by providing a safe and supportive environment, free of harassment and discrimination. We are committed to removing the barriers to entry, which is why we ask that even if you feel you may not meet every qualification on the job description, please apply and let us decide.
Applying to this job offers you the opportunity to join Volvo Group. Every day, across the globe, our trucks, buses, engines, construction equipment, financial services, and solutions make modern life possible. We are almost 100,000 people empowered to shape the future landscape of efficient, safe and sustainable transport solutions. Fulfilling our mission creates countless career opportunities for talents with sharp minds and passion across the group’s leading brands and entities.
Group Digital & IT is the hub for digital development within the Volvo Group. Imagine working with cutting-edge technology in a global team, represented in more than 30 countries. We are dedicated to leading the way for tomorrow's transport solutions, guided by a strong customer mindset and high curiosity, both as individuals and as a team. Here you will thrive in your career in an environment where your voice is heard and your ideas are important.
Volvo Group North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer