Human Resource Generalist
Days/Times: Sunday through Thursday 10:00 pm to 7:00 am
Competitive Salary - Pay Range: 64k – 80k, depending on experience!!
MI Windows and Doors is looking for a hardworking and dependable HR Professional to join our team in Gratz, Pennsylvania.
We are a local, family-owned company with a coast-to-coast presence. We offer cross training and opportunities for career growth. We encourage our team members to take on new roles, advance their careers and offer tuition reimbursement. Team members’ health and safety are top priorities. Why work at MITER Brands?
This position will work closely with the HR team and Operations leadership to support a 500-plus team member manufacturing facility. You will provide leadership and take an active role in all HR related matters and provide counsel and advice regarding issues that arise, as needed. The hours will be Sunday through Thursday 10:00 pm to 7:00 am.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the consistent application of Human Resources activities (i.e. employment, compensation, staffing targets/strategies, benefits, training, payroll, employee relations, investigations, etc.).
- Conduct training for team leads supervisors and managers on a wide variety of topics to help increase their leadership effectiveness.
- Partner with the Talent Acquisition Team to streamline the talent acquisition and onboarding processes for hourly team members; participate with production managers in the interview and selection process; manage the onboarding process and conduct new hire orientation.
- Partner with production and talent acquisition teams for efficient staffing and placement to reduce overtime and achieve high operational efficiency and employee retention.
- Responds to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs.
- Experience working with HRIS systems and timekeeping.
- Track training programs, hiring, overtime, turnover & retention reports for KPIs.
- Prepare and process necessary documentation for all HR functions.
- Investigate team member concerns and assist and support supervisors and managers with addressing performance, misconduct, and attendance issues.
- Provide support to the location’s safety program, including workers’ compensation administration.
- Manage leaves of absence, including working knowledge of leave types and applicable regulations.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Qualifications / Knowledge / Skills Required:
- Sense of urgency and self-motivation.
- Ability to work independently, multi-task and prioritize competing demands.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Computer literacy with ability to learn programs and systems.
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Attention to detail with strong organizational skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- High level of confidentiality.
- Read, write, and understand the English language.
- Ability to work flexible hours/shifts as needed to support three shift manufacturing plant.
- Minimum of three to five years HR Generalist experience preferably within a manufacturing facility.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in HR, business, or equivalent work experience.
- Must be reliable and results oriented as well as collaborative and customer focused.
- Experience in employment law and regulatory compliance.
- Spanish bilingual a plus.
MITER benefits package includes coverage of your health, wealth, and wellness for you and your eligible spouse/dependents. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including a 401k with company match and generous paid time off to help you balance your life. Our medical plans include a Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) or Health Savings Account (HSA) option to help you save for health care costs. Below is a list of benefits you will enjoy while working with our company.
- Medical plans with HRA or HSA options
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Supplemental Hospital Indemnity, Critical Illness, and Accident Insurances
- Company paid Short-Term Disability
- Company paid Long-Term Disability
- Paid time off (PTO), including Vacation, Personal, and 8 paid Holidays
- 401k retirement plan with company match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Yearly Wellness Clinic
MITER Brands is an equal opportunity employer. MI Windows and Doors does not discriminate based on religion, race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, handicap, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other applicable legally protected category.
Capable of making others think deeply on a subject
Shows firm and constant support to a cause
Works well as a member of a group
Inspires teammates to follow them
Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Ability to Make an Impact:
Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
Inspired to perform without outside help
Bachelors or better in Human Resource Administration or related field.
Minimum of three to five years HR Generalist experience preferably within a manufacturing facility.
Must be reliable and results oriented as well as collaborative and customer focused.
Experience in employment law and regulatory compliance.
Spanish bilingual a plus.