Start the next chapter of your Nursing Career! The Pennsylvania Department of Corrections is actively seeking devoted and passionate Registered Nurses. As a Corrections' Nurse, you will work as part of a dedicated team where collaboration, and communication are integral.
- Full-time employment.
- Work Schedule: Monday - Sunday, 1:30 PM - 10:00 PM (2nd shift).
- Rotating work schedule with rotating shifts; 40 hour work week.
- Multiple positions may be filled with this posting.
- This position is eligible for full retirement benefits at age 50 or 55.
IMPORTANT: YOU MUST APPLY TO THIS VACANCY POSTING, MEET ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS, COMPLETE THE SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS AND RECEIVE A SCORE.The Corrections' Nurse is responsible for the 24-hour health care of Offenders. Duties may vary based on area of assignment; however, RNs will conduct physical assessments in response to Offender ailments, establish a nursing diagnosis, refer Offenders to a practitioner and provide medication and treatment as ordered. RNs will also respond to emergencies, triage sick call, monitor medication compliance by Offenders and observe the effectiveness of medication in accordance with established policies and procedures, provide health related education to staff and Offenders, maintain department compliance for inspections, and participate in in-service training.
If you have the required medical experience as indicated below, and wish to explore a rewarding career that offers the opportunity to share your skills while earning a great salary and benefits, the PA Department of Corrections at SCI Rockview wants to hear from you!Qualifications:
- PA residency currently waived for this title.
- You must be able to perform essential job functions.
- Necessary Special Requirement - Possession of a current license to practice as a registered nurse issued by the Pennsylvania State Board of Nursing; or possession of a non-renewable temporary practice permit issued by the Pennsylvania State Board of Nursing.
- Condition of Employment - Require that employees possessing a non-renewable temporary practice permits must obtain licensure as a Registered Nurse within the one year period defined by the Pennsylvania State Board of Nursing.
- You must pass a background investigation.
- A conditional offer of employment will require submission of criminal history reports and a medical exam.
Veterans: Pennsylvania law (51 Pa. C.S. §7103) provides employment preference for qualified veterans for appointment to many state and local government jobs. To learn more about employment preferences for veterans, go to www.employment.pa.gov/Additional%20Info/Pages/default.aspx and click the Veterans' Preference tab or contact us at email@example.com.
Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS): 711 (hearing and speech disabilities or other individuals)
The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania is proud to be an equal opportunity employer supporting workplace diversity.
- Score based on information reported on application and supplemental questions
- Provide complete and accurate information or:
- application processing may be delayed
- disqualification may result