The Department of Military & Veterans Affairs, Southwestern Veterans Center, provides dedicated, superior care to our veteran residents and their spouses. We are seeking an organized, self-motivated, customer service oriented individual to provide accounting support to the Accounting Officer at Southwestern Veterans Center. If you are looking for a rewarding job as an Accountant 1, then we have the job for you!
IMPORTANT: YOU MUST APPLY TO THIS VACANCY POSTING, MEET ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS, COMPLETE THE SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS AND RECEIVE A SCORE. YOUR SCORE IS ONLY VALID FOR THIS SPECIFIC VACANCY. ONCE THIS POSITION IS FILLED, YOUR SCORE IS NO LONGER VALID.
- Full-time employment (8:00 AM - 4:00 PM; Monday - Friday; 30 minute lunch)
In this position, you will assist the Accountant 3 with various auditing, monitoring of budgets and projections for all of the home's departments as well as provide department heads with monthly reports, fiscal data on all aspects of expenditures and revenues. Work involves applying prescribed professional accounting principles and techniques to the treatment of transactions and other accounting operations. Qualifications:
Watch this video to see how you can make a difference caring for Pennsylvania's veterans working for the Department of Military and Veterans Affairs (DMVA).
We offer a competitive salary and state benefits including health insurance, dental, vision, life insurance coverage; excellent vacation, sick, and holiday leave package; and retirement plan. Come join the DMVA team, apply today!
- Must meet PA residency requirement – For more information on ways to meet PA residency requirements, follow the link and click on Residency
- Minimum Experience and Training Requirements: A bachelor's degree including or supplemented by fifteen credits in accounting; OR one year as a Fiscal Technician, and fifteen college credits in accounting; OR one year as a Financial Programs Trainee; OR five years of bookkeeping experience and fifteen college credits in accounting; OR successful completion of the Commonwealth's Accounting Intern Program.
- This posting requires submission of your college transcripts. You may upload your documents as an Attachment during the application process. You must still complete the application and answer the supplemental questions. All documents MUST be uploaded prior to the submission of your application.
- Must be able to perform essential job functions
- A conditional offer of employment will require submission of criminal history reports.
- You must pass a background investigation.
- A conditional offer of employment will require a medical examination and drug screening.
Veterans: Pennsylvania law (51 Pa. C.S. §7103) provides employment preference for qualified veterans for appointment to many state and local government jobs. To learn more about employment preferences for veterans, go to www.employment.pa.gov/Additional%20Info/Pages/default.aspx and click the Veterans' Preference tab or contact us at
The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania is proud to be an equal opportunity employer supporting workplace diversity.
- Score valid for this specific posting only
- Score based on information reported on application and supplemental questions
- Provide complete and accurate information or:
- score may be lower than deserved
- application processing may be delayed
- disqualification may result
- May only test once under this announcement
- Email notice of test results provided
Further information on testing, assistance for persons with disabilities, veterans' preference, and other items can be obtained from:
Harrisburg: 2nd Level, Strawberry Sq. Complex, 320 Market St., P.O. Box 569, Hbg., 17108-0569; Telephone (717) 783-3058
Philadelphia: 110 North 8th St., Suite 503, Phila., 19107
Pittsburgh: 411 Seventh Ave., Room 410, Pgh., 15219
Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS): 711 (hearing and speech disabilities or other individuals)